Chapter VI: Little Mermaid

Start from the beginning

The girl carefully picked up the item and held it up in front of her by hooking her tan fingers under two loops and examined it in fascination. The two loops, which seemed to be the parts that would go over shoulders, connected to two bowl-like sections of it that were soft, the fabric thick and padded. The girl furrowed her eyebrows as she looked at it, curious as to what its purpose was. It was clearly an article of clothing, seeing as it was in the drawer with the t-shirts... She glanced down at her body to see where the item would fit and realization dawned on her as she held up the article of clothing to her chest. A breast-holding apparatus? The girl was proud of herself for finding the answer all by herself and decided she would experiment with it after she washed up.

She picked up the armful of clothes she had selected and made her way into the bathroom that had been connected to her room. She examined it more clearly, this being her second time in it, and furrowed her eyebrows at a wall of glass with a door. A silver contraption stuck out of the wall inside it, several holes in it, and she wondered what came out of it. It was beside a bathtub, which she was familiar with, so perhaps it was another method of bathing. She placed the clothes on the counter by the sink as her eyes fell upon a knob embedded in the wall below the contraption. She worked up the courage to open the glass door and cautiously step inside the little room. Her brown eyes traced every inch of the knob, and she noticed a meter-like stamp on it. One side was red and the other was blue, the red side reading HOT and the blue side reading COLD in block letters. She reached a careful hand forward and turned the knob towards the middle of the two temperatures and nearly went into full-blown cardiac arrest when a powerful shower of icy cold water protruded from the silver contraption above her head- which she now knew to be a faucet of some sort- and spewed her face and chest. She hopped out of the little room and slammed the glass door shut, panting as she suspiciously eyed the faucet streaming water onto the tiled floor, running into a drain below.

It took several minutes but the young woman soon decided to remove her clothes and slowly open the glass door again. She reached her hand out slowly and felt the water, which had now warmed up slightly. She walked in completely and shut the door, standing under the shower of warm water and goosebumps littered her skin. She smiled a little and turned the knob to the left and the water became hotter, clouds of steam forming around her, fogging up the glass wall that was enclosed around her. She began to examine the different bottles that sat in a cubby in the wall of the shower area and read the labels carefully to see what they were used for. One bottle was a mahogany color, a picture of what appeared to be a fruit on the front that was a deep red color. Below the picture, it read "Deep cleansing shampoo" with a picture of a girl scrubbing her hair. The girl awkwardly poured some of the substance into her hands and examined the picture of the girl and began to scrub the product into her wet hair. It began to foam up and run down her face and eventually into the drain. She then washed it out of her hair and began to play with the other bottles and their contents.

The young woman must have spent an hour in the shower, playing with the soap and drawing things on the foggy glass wall before she turned off the faucet and wrapped herself up in a large, fluffy towel. She enjoyed exploring the drawers under the sink, finding different little things meant for the body and hair, according to their labels and descriptions. She experimented with lotion, still unsure if you were supposed to put it in a general "all over" or everywhere. Figuring out what a hair brush was frightened her slightly as she found leftover hair on the brush when she was done, and she now stared at the funny-looking article of clothing she found earlier. There was a hook on the back of it that suggested different sizing options and she settled for the smallest. Though it took her about ten minutes and a few times of being stuck or tangled, she finally clipped it over herself and found it to be comfortable in a very strange way.