Grabbing my arm, he drags me further into the section, weaving through cheering kids. It's... very busy, and I'm starting to regret not just going home. This just isn't my scene.

"Opal Knight, is that really you?" Ethan laughs as we walk closer. "Gray, I cannot believe you roped her into this. She looks terrified."

"She's fine! Aren't you, Opal?" Grayson grins, sitting me in between the two of them. I give a slow nod, surveying the crowd. "See? She's fine. We're gonna have fun. It's fine!"

"I haven't seen you in a minute," Ethan says, nudging me with his arm. "Where've you been? I miss annoying you."

"Just at home. Your brothers been annoying me enough for the both of you."

"Ouch! You know you love when I show up at your house," Grayson tsks. It wasn't always the worst thing in the world. "Last time I was over you were on my lap."

"Woah! What?" Ethan coughs. "Since when do you guys hangout alone? Are you like—?"

"Oh my god. No. Oh my god. I'm going home," I sigh, shaking my head. Grayson laughs as he pulls me back into my seat. "It was not like that. He was being an ass and wouldn't give me my phone back. I was letting him copy my homework. That's it."

I was mistaken when I thought this would be fine. Every time I think that I just end up being embarassed.

"Opal, hey, I'm just teasing," he grins, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"God, you guys had me worried again," Ethan huffs. Always worried over those jokes—it doesn't feel great. The jokes are embarrassing enough. "By the way, if you haven't noticed, I've made a miraculous recovery from my life-threatening illness."

"I'm so happy for you, Ethan," I tell him, rolling my eyes. "Was really nervous you weren't gonna make it."

He smirks, nudging me with his arm again. "What, you in love with me or something?"

"You wish."

"Hey," Grayson says, slapping his brother in the back of the head. "Leave her alone for once, dude."

It was funny he was insisting that, since he annoyed me far more than his brother. But I was starting to get used to it.

I duck under both of their arms as they start bickering and shoving each other around. It lasts for a few good minutes before they finally shut up.

But I watch and laugh, and even after they calm down, the mood stays up.

It's genuinely fun. Once I got past the initial uncomfortable feeling, it was really good. I'm not sure what's gotten into me but I have a good time sitting in the crowd with them.

They're also... nice tonight. Like really nice. They're still teasing me here and there, but only playfully, and they pick on each other the same way. It's less annoying than it usually is.

While we're sitting, I spot Celia and Julie from afar, holding hands. A smile grows on my lips as they walk together—things feel good right now. All around.

After the game is over, the twins drag me to McDonald's with them. There's quite a few too many people in there for my liking, and surprisingly, I think they notice that. We grab some food and end up wandering back to the now empty football stadium and sitting on the bleachers.