Mulan (Continuation)

Training

Lan Wangji's originally blank face became blanker as he looked at the 'two' sons of Jiang Fengmian. Earlier, he heard his elder brother's strange words.

"After this war, I'll be marrying your sister-in-law." Lan Huan told him and happily left, humming and almost skipping on his steps, albeit the dark print on his cheek.

I don't remember of having a sister-in-law. He thought, then looked at the recruits. "I am Lan Zhan, your captain." He said and took the poles. He threw them one by one on the recruits.

A young man with round face exclaimed when he clumsily caught the pole. The poor pole fell on the ground. "S-sorry! I don't know! I don't know how to catch a pole!" he said, on the verge of crying.

Wei Wuxian smoothly caught the pole. He is good at this – "Oops." He said when he hit the back of Jiang Cheng's head after he played with the pole.

Jiang Cheng's eyes narrowed into slits and he hit back Wei Wuxian. The two of them started fighting again. "You fake!" Jiang Cheng roared.
Lan Wangji's sharp brow twitched as he used the pole to fish out the pots.

(A/N: please let me laugh first - 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 okay, let's start the sing-along~🎵)

"Let's get down to business, to defeat the Wens." He said as he threw the pots in the air using the end of the poles.

They exclaimed when Lan Zhan broke the pots before it fell on the ground. They immediately imitated his move, only to hit the person on their side.

"Did they send me daughters, when I asked for sons?" Lan Zhan asked and sighed as he moved on to the next part.

Wei Wuxian heard what Lan Wangji and he secretly sweated. He sings nice... he thought. Ah, no! That's not it! I should not let them find out I'm a girl! He thought.

"You're the saddest bunch I ever met, but you can bet before we're through." Lan Zhan said ass he walked towards Wei Wuxian when he saw him in a daze. "Mister, I'll make a man out of you." He told him and pushed him back on the line of the recruits. "Tranquil as a forest but on fire within." He said as he put a bucket of water on top of his head. He motioned to Su She to throw stones at him. "Once you find your center, you are sure to win." He said after he deflected all the stones by his hand.

Wei Wuxian whistled as he played a stone on his hand. Jiang Cheng turned to him and coincidentally saw the stone. "Where and when did you get that?" he asked him.

Wei Wuxian didn't answer. He caught this after this was deflected by Lan Zhan. "I want to throw a stone, too!" he muttered.

Jiang Cheng's eyes went wide when he saw Wei Wuxian flicked the stone towards Lan Zhan. It hit the center of the bucket. Then... the bucket broke and the water was splashed onto Lan Zhan. Jiang Cheng's jaw dropped to the ground. He accusingly looked at Wei Wuxian. Are you crazy?! He thought.

But of course, he can't just ask him like that in front of the victim.

Lan Zhan's eyes narrowed as he turned to where the stone came from. You're a spineless, pale, pathetic lot. And you haven't got a clue. He thought as he brushed up his wet hair. Somehow I'll make a man out of you. He vowed as he grabbed a bow and arrow. Then, he shot it to the top of the pole. After that, he opened the box Su She brought him and took out the tools. He turned to the recruits as he motioned to them the tools. He looked at them, his eyes challenging.
They looked at the tools in his hand, then the arrow on the top of the pole. They gulped, then tried one by one.

It unsuccessfully ended.

"I'm never gonna catch my breath." One of the recruits said as he lie down the ground, beaten up.