Ying-erella

Ying-erella sniffed as he wiped the floor, his back is aching. He's so tired and wanted to sleep now to rest, but he can't, since –

"After you clean the floor, wash the clothes – " Stepmother Yu Ziyuan said, frowning, as she disgustingly looks at Ying-erella.

"Ying-erella..." Stepsister Jiang Yanli called as she looked at him, full of worry.

She was about to walk towards Ying-erella when the stepbrother Jiang Cheng stopped her.

"Dajie." He called. "You can't help him. That goes against the script – " he told her.

"Then, what should I do?" Jiang Yanli asked, worriedly looked at Ying-erella who's still wiping the floor.

"Watch me." Jiang Cheng answered as he walked towards Ying-erella.

"Jiang Cheng..." Ying-erella called as he looked at him (JC) when he stopped in front of him.

Jiang Cheng smugly looked at Ying-erella, then spilled the juice on the floor. (Where the heck did he get that?!)

"Go clean it again. Hmph." He told him and walked back to Jiang Yanli. "There, dajie." He told her.

Jiang Yanli forced a smile, wanting to grimace. "Mn." She just said. Even in this fanfic you still held resent to A-Xian. She thought, obviously can't voice out her thoughts since their mother is looking at Jiang Cheng proudly.

The poor Ying-erella wanted to wept because of his misfortune. His mother died after giving birth to him, while his father remarried. But, he died in the end, leaving his (WWX) welfare to his stepmother – Yu Ziyuan.

At this moment, the door opened and a royal messenger went in. (he didn't even knock and opened the door for himself?)

"What is it?" Yu Ziyuan asked as she and her children walked towards the newcomer.

"Greetings." The royal messenger bowed. "The King Lan Qiren announced there's be a royal ball for all the maidens of the kingdom. He will pick two maidens to marry his nephews – " he said.

Yu Ziyuan smiled as she took the invitation. She then dismissed the messenger.

"Marriage?" Jiang Yanli said, puzzled.

"Hmph. Nonsense – " Jiang Cheng humph-ed.

Dark lines covered Yu Ziyuan's face. How can they (JY and JC) have so low enthusiasm for this? she thought.

"A ball!" Ying-erella said and stood up, energetic. "I want to go too - !" he said, wanting to jump in joy.

It's a party! There's no way he wouldn't be in it – he thought, grinning.

But, there's a way. And it's Yu Ziyuan.

"You can't go to the ball." She said, frowning. "You'll just spread your filth to the nobles, especially the royalties – the king and his nephews." She told him and left.

"Ying-erella..." Jiang Yanli called.

Jiang Cheng looked conflicted. He pities him (WWX) but he can't go against his mother's wishes. "Let's go, dajie – " he said and pulled Jiang Yanli away to follow their mother.

The popping hair on his temple fell. Ying-erella lowered his head and continued to work. That night of the ball, when the Jiang family already left, he snuck out and wept on the well.

"Why?" he asked, sobbing. "I just want to drink Emperor's Smile there, which I know there will!" he said. "I don't have any interests on whoever people there will, much less those nephews of the king – " he said, frowning.