Chapter One: Goodbye Old, Hello You

Start from the beginning

"Some girl trying to offer me a modeling career." I answered, putting the money in the cash register.

"Dude, why didn't you take it? Models are making big bank these days, my friend."

Of course you would know Ethan. Blythe and Annika have got you into Ruby Rose these days.

"I mean, do you honestly plan on working here for the rest of your life?"

I shook my head. "No."

Not that you would care. Once Blythe gets another book deal, you are out of here.

Ethan sighed, and put his large hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry. I have no right to question that. Blythe just thought I should... keep an eye on you. It hasn't been that long since Beck-"

"Ethan." I interrupted. "I'm fine."

~

I laid down in my blanket-less, sheet-less bed.

I had nothing, that reminded me of you, in here. My shirts that you wore.

The several copies of your book that I kept just for myself.

The red ladle. You never wanted to be spanked with it. I came to learn that after getting to really know you, after learning who you truly were. You were just a girl trying to make it. Be famous. But you were also a cheater. A heartbreaker.

You said it yourself. You could never love me. I loved you.

I loved you.

I loved-

The thought of you, loving me back.

Two day old pizza sat right beside my bed. I haven't cleaned this house in a while. Maybe it was time.

There was nothing else in here that reminded me of you, so constant flashbacks and visions of what we would be now won't attack me.

I need to get a new bed set. I don't know how, but the one I used to have still smelled like you.

We woke up together all the time. You watched me sleep. I watched you sleep, in a totally non creepy way.

I got to get out of this house. Now.

~

I never liked taking walks. But I did them, for you Beck. Our first date, was during a walk. You told me about your favorite movie, Pretty In Pink. Us, we, could've been that. I never intended for you to find out my secrets. They were secrets for a reason.

I will never, ever, do that again. Even if it means never finding someone new.

Has it really come to that? Having everyone I ever loved die? By my hands?

I am not a monster. I am not a monster. I am not-

"Oww!"

I fell to the ground. I can say goodbye to whatever phone I have. "Watch where you're going!"

The loud feminine voice made me jump. "Sorry, let me help."