Part 2 - "Who are you?"

Aaron could remember her smile. Her raven hair. Her laugh. Her personality that her so unique. The short potato that had come to mean so much to him, enough to make him love her beyond the world.

He had gotten so lost in time that he didn't even notice it was now sunset and he was nowhere near home. He sighed and turned around to walk back the direction he came.

Aaron paused his walking. Was she dead? Did his father kill her? Did her father kill her for even meeting him? Was Aphmau Phoenix even alive? He quivered in fear. Fear for the woman he loved and fear that she was dead. If she was dead, he would never get to see her again.

He took another step and bumped into someone.

"Ow.."the person groaned.

"Talk about distractions, sorry."Aaron muttered.

"No, no. It's fine."the voice replied, blinking several times.

Aaron couldn't see the person's face in the dark so he looked side to side before letting his wolf ears out. With them out now, he could see a little better and he found himself stumbling backwards in shock.

The person in front of him was another werewolf. This one had jet black hair and deep golden eyes. "Can I help you?"the voice asked.

The werewolf looked so much like her. Was it related to Aphmau? Does this mean she's alive?! Aaron had so many questions flowing through his head.

"Who are you?"he asked.

The person was about to speak as another person jogged over to the two. Her raven hair drifting into her pale face. Her brown eyes closed as she panted.

"Alina? Didn't Mom tell you to not run long distances?"the person asked the girl.

Alina, Aaron assumed, rolled her eyes as she punched the person's shoulder.

"Blade! Alina! Get inside now!"a voice suddenly yelled.

Aaron felt his heart stop for a second. He recognized that voice from anywhere. His thoughts were disrupted by Blade and Alina running towards an apartment building. He fixated his eyes at the balcony where a raven haired woman stood with caramel eyes he knew from anywhere. Aphmau was alive and she seemed to know Blade and Alina, whoever they were.

He caught her eyes, noticing they widened as she shut the balcony door.

'What was she hiding?'Aaron questioned mentally.

()()()()

"Blade, Alina. I thought I told you two to not go out at night. With the law still intact, it's dangerous for both of you to be out together, despite you two being siblings."Aphmau explained.

"Please, just be careful. I don't want to lose either of you."she hugged the two siblings.

"We will, Mom."the two said in unison.

Melissa came walking in, holding two plates of Mac and cheese and set them down on the table. She laughed as her niece and nephew immediately ran to the sudden food on the table.

She frowned as she noticed Aphmau sigh heavily. "I saw him. His eyes caught mine but I shut the door before he even saw."she whispered.

Melissa's golden eyes widened. "He must've stumbled towards this part of town by accident. Did he..."she hesitated, "..meet them?"she finished.

"I have no idea. Blade and Alina both don't talk to strangers unless provoked and I'm glad Blade doesn't. He's a werewolf and if people found out my son is a werewolf, they're going to immediately question how!"Aphmau yelled.

Blade and Alina turned to look at their mom with forks full of the cheesy noodles and their mouths opened agape.

"It's nothing, kids."Aphmau told them, as the two kids went back to eating.

"We can hope. Hey, do you mind if I borrow Blade for a minute."Melissa asked.

Aphmau shook her head. "Not at all, just let him finish his food first."she said.

The minute she said that, Blade had placed his dirty plate in the stainless steel sink, Alina behind him. Though, Alina had yawned mid-way through putting her dishes in the sink.

"I'm tired."she stated.

"You're always tired."Blade poked her nose.

Alina smirked and pulled on his one of his wolf ears that were out. "OW!"Blade yelped.

"Alina, be nice."Aphmau warned.

"Fine, Mom."Alina responded and went to curl up on the sofa with a book she was reading—the Selection—.

"Blade, your Aunt needs you for a minute."Aphmau told her son.

He nodded his head and followed his aunt out of the main room. Melissa led her nephew into his room and closed the door.

She turned to face him. "I need you to let your tail out."she said.

Blade raised an eyebrow. "My tail? What about it?"the second he said that, his jet black crimson tipped tail appeared.

It wasn't as big as it's supposed to be but he was still a kid. He was told it wasn't going to fully grown until he was a teenager and even though he was ten, he still had years to go.

Melissa sighed as she traced her fingers across the red tip, feeling the same fluffiness her brother's ears and tail had.

"Here's a question and I need an honest answer; do you feel like your eyes want to turn?"Melissa asked.

"Turn?"Blade questioned. "What do you mean, turn?"he asked.

"Turn, as in turn a different color."she rearranged her words carefully.

"Well I mean there are times that I get so angry whenever someone hurts my mom and Alina."Blade responded.

Melissa hummed. "Okay, I want you to take those angry emotions and think about them. What was it about them that made you get so angry?"she said.

Blade took a deep breath and focused on his emotions. How he felt angry enough to kill the person who hurt his mom and sister. He closed his eyes in the process only to open them.

Melissa gasped softly the minute she saw his eyes. The deep golden color was replaced by a crimson red coloring.