Chapter 1

Your p.o.v

First day of summer. Every kid is running out of school shouting about freedom. It's the day we have been waiting for since September 1st.

Well almost everybody.

I grabbed my books from my locker and put them into my bag. I walked outside. All of the kids are making plans for the Summer and giving hugs to those who are going away for the 3 months.

I push past them, nobody tries to make plans with me, my brother is so protective he won't let me be friends with any of them.

I walk down the steps and see my brother bullying the losers. I know what he is doing is wrong but he keep saying it's all to protect our family. He trusts nobody in this shithole.

I start walking home, Henry used to bring me home but his friends get very touchy at times, especially Patrick. I stopped going with him the day Patrick "accidentally" started stroking my thigh.

I get to our house and grab the spare key from under the doormat. I got inside and dropped my bag at the door.

I made myself some food and sat at the table.

I heard a car pull up and the door open. He walked into the kitchen

"Y/n" he said, I fliched you never know when he will explode. "Why didn't you made any for me" he said in a kind tone. I relaxed a bit.

"Sorry, I didn't know you were coming home" I murmured

"Y/n, what did we say about murmering" he turned to me anger growing.

"Sorry" I said clearly

"Good, I'll be gone for a few hours, stay here" he started walking out the door. "And empty my backpack" he threw it on the kitchen counter and left.

I signed and cleaned up my dish, I started cleaning out his bag and found one of those things that the Jewish kid wears. I think his name was Stanley Uris. I finished cleaning out Henrys bag.

I decided to give the thing back to him, I used the phone book and found his address. I got in my bike and peddled towards his house.

I knocked on the oak door and waited for someone to answer. Thankfully it was him.

He looked stunned and scared when he saw me at his doorstep.

"Ummm, I came to give this back to you, I... found it in my brothers bag.
I thought you might want it back" I smiled.

Stan stood there shocked. " uhh- ok, do you want to come in" you could tell how confused he was.

"Sure" I walked into the house.

Stan checked outside before closing the door behind me.

"Don't worry Henry doesn't know I'm here" I reassured Stan.

He spun around. "Why'd you bring it back" he pointed at the hat thing in my hand.

"I thought you might want it back, and my brother has no use for it." I threw it to him.

"Thanks, that's really kind of you" he nodded

I smiled, a genuine smile, something I hadn't done in years.

"Maybe I'll see you around sometime" Stan opened the door for me

"Ya, maybe" I walked out and grabbed my bike. "Bye" I gripped the handle bars and started to cycle home.

《》《》《》

Word count:545

Hope you enjoyed the first chapter.
Please go ahead and give me any feed back or anything you would like to see in this book.

Also if you like Jaeden Lieberher I have a book about so check that out if your interested.

Thanks for reading ❤