A secret letter - part 1

That day was quite intriguing. Firstly, Brett came to school looking strangely nervous. Eddy knew him so he was able to tell that surely. Hovewer Brett told him, he has a really hard test from math right the first lesson in the morning and he again hadn't looked at it even the slightest. So Eddy let it be.

Brett and Eddy were best mates eventhough they weren't the same age. Brett was a year older. These two got to know each other during their rehearsals with orchestra as a deskies. After that they figured out they're attending the same school and started hanging out together. And after a year or so they became besties. So Eddy knew very well when Brett doesn't want to talk about something, it's a lost case to make him talk.

Eddy forgot about it probably right after his first lecture. Unfortunately for him, he was surprised by a sudden quiz from his biology lesson about geology and he'd completely forgotten to prepare for this lesson because of his violin practice for the upcoming competition. So his mood was at a freezing point. His mama will yell at him once again. Eddy just didn't understand that. Even for a doctor, why he has to know geology? While creating surreal scenarios in his head about his mama finding out he failed a quiz, he opened his locker. Almost lethargically he changed his books and was prepared to leave but then he noticed a small folded piece of paper. At the top there were printed just three words – For Eddy Chen.

Eddy took that paper and observed it. It was folded really neatly. Of course it was obvious it was a letter. Eddy opened it. Before his eyes revealed a quite long letter. Oh, did he finally received a love letter? Eddy's heart jumped. His eyes dived right into words.

Dear Eddy

You are probably wondering why someone writes you a letter. It's simple. I am your admirer who really likes you and likes looking at you secretly. Okay, that might sounds a little bit weird but I really don't have confidence to reveal myself. Unfortunately, just looking already isn't enough. I long for you to know that someone loves you. You are so precious. I really like your smile while you laugh and your serious face when you're concentrated to something. I'm amazed by your intelligence and love for music. Also eventhough you don't think that, for me you are really handsome and attractive.

I like you for a long time. However I couldn't reveal my feelings because of my timid personality, especially when it involves feelings. But I decided that I want you to know that eventhough I won't reveal who I am and don't expect anything from you. The purpose of this letter is just to let you know and to calm my desire a bit.

Your secret admirer

Eddy stared at the letter, speechless. He has a secret admirer? How come? He isn't one of those Prince Charmings at their school. The weirdest thing was that the author hadn't revealed their indentity and apparently wrote that letter on a computer and printed it instead of writing it by himself. Why? Unfortunately for Eddy, he wasn't allowed to continue staring at the letter because of a school bell. So he showed that letter quickly inside his bag and hurried to class.

---

„Hey Brett, look what I received today!" said Eddy to Brett when they went to their orchestra rehearsal together. Brett lifted his brow and took that letter from Eddy. For a while, his eyes ran through the lines, then reached his forehead.