Chapter 11

A week later the team found him and decided to fight, Oliver, Barry and F.I.R.E.S.T.O.R.M. all together against the Reverse Flash. While Wells was away, you managed to escape and free Eddie. Together the two of you made your way back to S.T.A.R. Labs, where you handed the completely exhausted and dehydrated detective over to Caitlin and your sister, before you ran down to the car park where the fighting was happening, ignoring Joe's and Cisco's attempts to stop you. You arrived there just in time. Barry had finally caught Wells and had him in front of him on the floor now, unconscious. In his rage, the Flash rose his hand and was about to phase it through Wellses chest, when you held him back. "Barry, no!" He turned around. His hand stopped vibrating but stayed where it was. "Y/N you are alright." Under the given circumstances, you tried to choose your words wisely. "Of course I am. But I need you to listen to me, brother. I know how much you hate him, but after all, he is still a human being, remember? He doesn't deserve" Barry lowered his hand. "Death. Right. Thank you for keeping me from doing something I would regret afterwards, little sister." You sighed in relief. "Always." With that you ran into Barrys arms. And he caught you.

Harrison, or should I say Eobard, now behind bars, decided to explain to the two of you why he had killed your mother, but when he asked to see you, only Barry came. As their conversation was about to end, the Flash had one question left. "Why my mom? Y/N was there too. She was right next to our mother, a little girl, so innocent, so easy to kill. I loved my little sister back then, maybe even more than I loved my mother. Why did you decide to let her live?" Reverse Flash stared through the glass wall, right into Barrys eyes. "I wanted to, believe me. But then she looked up. And for one silly little second, her gaze met mine. That was the moment I realized that this little girl right in front of me would become the woman history books were talking about. Harrison Wellses wife. The woman who discovered some of the most important physical rules back at my time. A genius. I couldn't kill a genius, Barry. And most of all not one who looked at me with big, frightened puppy eyes." Your brother seemed perplexed. "I... I don't understand. Harrison Wells? The real Harrison Wells from this earth? Wasn't he married to Tess? And thirty years older than my sister? How were they going to" But Thawne shook his head. "Barry, Barry, were you not listening earlier? I changed this timeline. It was another Wells from another earth, another Y/N from another earth. A parallel world, if you will. And yet, I saw the genius in this girl, the genius she has become now, thanks to me." "So, you planned to meet her? Just as you planned to turn me into the Flash..." Eobard smiled. "I planned to meet her and offer her to work at S.T.A.R. Labs, that's right. I didn't plan to become a father to her though, and I certainly did not plan to fall for her this hard. Life would be so much easier if we could plan who we fall in love with, Barry." Barry stepped away, sadness overwhelming him. "Y/N told me the exact same thing." Reverse Flash nodded. "And once more, she was right. My little girl. I am so proud of her. And I am proud of you, Barry, even if I hate you. At least in the future."

Then Barry had to decide whether to go back in time, save his mother and change the entire timeline or not. After he spoke to Joe, Henry and Iris, he finally faced you, who hadn't been very talkative since the day you had escaped from Wellses house. So, Barry was extra careful when he asked you. "What do you think? After all, you are one of the people who will be affected the most. And they are your parents too. Y/N, why don't you talk to me?" You sighed heavily. "Because it's even harder for me than it is for you, Barry. This timeline here, it's not the right one. Things are not how they are supposed to be... and yet" Barry put a hand on your right shoulder. "Yet what?" You didn't know how to continue this. "The person I am today... this young woman who can actually help people and change the world to a better one through her knowledge and..." Your brother finished the sentence for you. "Brilliance. Smartness. Kindness. Do I have to go on?" You shook your head. "I am only this person because Harrison Wells made me this person, Barry. All that I am... I am because of him. If you erase these events from existence, you are also going to erase me. And I am afraid of what I would have become without Harrison. He might have done a lot of evil things, but this one thing he did was right. Teaching me. Showing me. Changing me. Harrison Wells created me, just as he created the Flash. And both of these things are meant to do good." Barry was speechless. He had never thought about it this way. Although, he disagreed on one point. "Y/N, you are you because of you, not of Wells. This brilliant genius, the kind heart, your braveness, all of this was already there, somewhere inside you, long before you met Wells. He just reinforced it." You smiled and gave him a hug. "Then do what you think is the right thing to do. Just... Barry? Before you do it... I would like to talk to him one last time." He pulled away and looked at you. "Of course."

The gate in front of Wellses cell opened. He looked up. "Y/N. What are you doing here? I thought you were" "Mad? Disappointed? Believe me, I am so disappointed in you, but given that you and I only have a few days left, I think there is no time to be disappointed." Your eyes started to fill with tears. Harrison's smile turned into something really sad, almost hurt, when he opened up his arms for you. "Come here, honey." He held you close while you sobbed into his chest. Your tears started to drench his shirt, but Wells didn't mind. "You know what hurts the most?", you asked, voice shanking. "It's not the fact that we are going to be separated from one another and are never going to see each other again. It's that I will miss you, every single day, every hour... and you will just forget me." It broke his heart to hear that. "Y/N, darling" His voice cracked too now. Gently, he lifted your chin with his fingers so that he could look into your eyes. "I might lose this body when I go back, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to lose my memories too. Every single second I spent with you, every smile you sent to me, every word you told me, I will remember them. I will remember how you cheered me up when something I was working on didn't go the way I wanted it to go. How you stayed next to me when I was being a grump again. How you spoke up for me every time I screwed up. How you held me when I cried. You where there for me when I needed you the most, Y/N, and I am never going to forget that. You are and will always be my daughter. I love you." Now you were both crying and sobbing in each others arms. "I love you too, dad. I just don't know... I don't know what to do once you're gone. I only belong to this place because of you. To work on Harrison Wellses side." Wells gave you a gentle kiss on the forehead and pulled you even closer. "And there will always be a Harrison Wells on your side, Y/N." A small smile made it to your lips. "Promised?" "Promised."

Cisco made his way to Thawne's cell to ask him something about the time machine. As he could see inside, he didn't want to believe what was happening behind the glass wall. Wells was not alone. You were lying on the floor, head in his lap, one of his hands in yours, while the other gently stroked through your hair. The man's eyes were closed. Your presence seemed to calm him down, Cisco had never seen him this relaxed before. None of you said a word. "I am really sorry to interrupt whatever this is, but we need a physicist's advice." Wells got up, pulling you with him. "Then you're lucky. Turns out you have two of the most brilliant physicists on this earth right in front of you."

As soon as the time machine was built, Barry got ready to run back in time and save your mother. Before he left, he said goodbye to the team and especially to you. "Whatever life the two of us might have in this other future, Y/N, I will always love you." You kissed him on the cheek and hugged him tight, tears in your eyes. "As I will always love you, Barry. Now, run, run as fast as you can. Save our mom."

And while your brother decided not to change the past and held your dying mother in his arms, Harrison Wells pulled you close, one last time. "I am never going to forget you, Y/N Nora Allen. I love you." A single tear ran down his cheek. You kissed it away. "You will always have a special place in my heart, Harrison Eobard Wells Thawne. I love you too." In that moment, you both wished time would have just stopped, so that you could have stayed in each others arms forever. That wasn't the case, though. "It's time.", Cisco said. Harrison didn't want to let go, but he knew this was the only way for him to get home. He pressed the most gentle and loving kiss on your forehead, before he pulled back and made his way to the time machine. "Home."

But Harrison Eobard Wells Thawne never got home. Instead of saving your mother, Barry came back and destroyed the time machine. He and Harrison started to fight, and Harrison was just about to win, when Eddie shot himself and erased Thawne from existence by doing so. Then the wormhole reopened and started to eat up Central City. And Barry tried to save the world.