Day 2: Dance

I wanted to base this story a bit like Cinderella AU! Sorry I been watching too much Disney! Also sorry for being late! I have been playing a very fun video game that I found after I cleaned my room! Also! Post-Timeskip, but where basically everyone gets along!

Claude has been a servant to House Gloucester ever since he was a young child. He doesn't know who his parents were and was never told who they were. All he knew is that he was different from both the head of the house and his only son Lorenz. All he did was work around the house; he never interacted with anyone outside the royal family's home. Claude didn't have friends but the animal friends that he made around the house; like the mice, the birds, the horse, and the old pet dog.  But even though he only did housework, Claude always seemed cheerful, calm and collected.

Today, Claude was cleaning one of the halls, washing it down from all the dirt it has gathered. He sang the same song that Lorenz sang but unlike Lorenz who was always off-key, he was on key and was on point with the lyrics. Suddenly, there was a knock on the front door. Placing the dirty rag in the cleaning bucket, he stood up, dust himself off, and went up to the front door and opened it. There was a tall man in a silver plate of armor, who had a few scars on his face. He was carrying a large bag that was filled with letters. He spoke in a monotone tone.

"A royal message from the royal family," he spoke as he gave the letter to Claude.

Claude blinked a bit. He remembered that the kingdom was being run by siblings, Prince Dimitri, and Princess Edelgard. They both work tediously at their job, and from what he heard from Lorenz and his father his highness just got back from a tiring trip. What on Earth would the princess and prince want from them?

With a small bow, Claude took the letter and said. "Thank you, sir."

With a nod, the knight then left. Claude had to show this to the headmaster and Lorenz. He went up the stairs, almost too quickly that he almost tripped going up the stairs. Claude knocked on the door where Lorenz was practicing his singing. Lorenz stopped singing and there was silence for a bit. Then, the door swung open, the headmaster looked angry.

"Did you finish your chores?" He asked angrily.

Claude shook his head as he handed the letter to him. Taking the letter from Claude, he said. "It's from the royal family."

"The royal family?!" Lorenz yelled in shock as he ran over to them.

"Tonight, there will be a ball." The headmaster spoke. "The ball wants all eligible men to come and join every single one."

Claude's eyes lit up when he heard the word 'ball' and all 'eligible men.' He could finally get his chance to be free and have fun for a change.

"It must be for the Princess Edelgard," Lorenz said with a smile. "She is a pure beauty who needs a man like me." He pushed his long purple hair out a bit, trying to be sassy.

"No, she is already getting married to the famous songstress Dorothea." The headmaster explained. "This ball is supposed to help Prince Dimitri find his one and only." 

"Prince Dimitri?" Lorenz questioned with a small frown. He then smiled again. "Well, Prince Dimitri is quite a looker himself."

He turned over to the headmaster and gave him his begging eyes, pleading to get his way. "Oh, father! Let's go to the ball!" He begged him. "Our family could finally become richer and more nobly than ever!"

"Of course," the headmaster said. "The letter said all eligible men are to attend."

"That means I can go too, right?" Claude asked as he smiled softly. "Please?"