Chapter 1

Lydia's POV:

"Oh god, I haven't been here in years," I pause. "I wonder if Barbara and Adam are still here," I say to myself.

Peyton points to the attic "It's the attic. Stay here. Okay?" I say walking up the narrow staircase.

"Okay," Peyton said sitting on the ground playing with her dolls as I walk in looking around.

"Barbara? Adam?" I call silently.

"They aren't here." a female voice came from behind the door, I jump a bit and turn around. No one is there.

"What do you mean? They were going to stay on earth for 125 years. I don't understand, it's only been 5," I said confused.

"Yeah, five earth years. More in netherworld years," the voice said getting quieter.

"Well how many? It couldn't have been 125 netherworld years yet."

No answer.

"The hell- I'm so confused," I said to myself.

I look to my left and the Handbook For The Recently Deceased is on the table "Oh! The book, maybe there's something in here telling me how many earth years is 125 netherworld years." I say to myself.

"Yeah, look through the book and forget to say 'Hi' to me." A familiar voice came from under the table. I practically jumped out of my skin and take off to Peyton. I pick her up and start walking out of the house.

"There's no way I'm getting involved with that son of a bitch ever again," as I walk out of the house I see my father and stepmom pull up through the driveway to help me move in.

"Does it have to be this house...?" I ask still holding Peyton "you wanted to come back here."

Charles stated "yeah, but b-e-e-t-l-e-j-u-i-c-e is there," I spelt it out to avoid saying his name. "You remember what a nightmare that was, and besides, Peyton doesn't need to go through that. Especially at her age, she's 3," I said holding my daughter close.

"Yeah, but as long as you don't say his name 3 times, you'll be fine, also isn't Barbara and Adam there?" I shake my head.

"They're not?"

"No, someone told me they're back in the netherworld, which makes no sense because I looked through the handbook and it says 125 earth years, not netherworld years, something is off,"

"What are you thinking?" Deila finally said after being quiet the entire time.

"I'm not sure," I said.