Part 48

Chapter 48

There was no way to get off the Isle with the barrier up and only a day after Hades 'almost escape' Harry was already getting dangerously on edge and the crew could see it. They only came back to the ship to leave what they'd looted and went off to keep stealing, knowing one wrong word and Harry would debilitate them, or humiliate them, or eliminate them or with even one wrong look he'd hook them on the spot. Gil was the only one who stayed around Harry aside from Camilla and when he came rushing onto the ship one afternoon looking for Harry Camilla got to him first and tried to talk him out of seeking out their current captain for fear of her friend's safety but Gil was adamant.

"Harry! Harry!" he shouted bursting into Harry's quarters and narrowly dodging a glass that was thrown at his head.

"Gil yeh've got three seconds before –"

"They're back!" he shouted, "Mal and the others are back on the Isle!"

"All of them?" Camilla asked thinking of her brother and Gil nodded, "But why?"

"No idea. But I followed them to the Voodoo Arcade, they had that girl, Celia, with them."

Camilla looked to Harry who had an evil glint in his eye and a smirk spreading slowly across his face. She could tell what he was thinking, if they were going to get off the Isle, this was their chance.

"What about the crew?" Camilla asked him.

"Nevermind them." Harry said.

"Harry –"

"No." he said, "Getting yeh somewhere safe means more to me then any of them. If the roles were swapped they'd all do the same. Every villain for themselves, aye?" he looked to Gil, "Let's go."

- -ROTTEN TO THE CORE - -

They were on their way to the Broken Bridge to wait for Mal and her gang to reappear on their way off the Isle when they passed four bikes parked along a rail and no one watching them. There was a purple and green one, a red and blue one, a yellow and red one and a black and white one. Camilla's eyes lingered on the black and white one knowing it must belong to Carlos. She felt her heart clench thinking of him and she tapped Harry in the arm. When he turned to her his expression changed seeing the conflict in her eyes, he knew how torn she was about her brother and he remembered the lie he'd told the boy last time they'd seen him.

"Meet us by the Gultch." He told her.

"What are you going to do?" she asked and a wicked smile that almost made her knees buckle appeared on his face.

"What I do best." He replied, "Stir up some trouble."

She smirked back at him before leaving, strutting back through the alleys as she headed for the Gultch. It was a deep chasm in the northern part of the Isle, further north then the swamps and forests. It was where every villain's worst pets were kept. Without their powers the villains had no control over them and when they started to starve on half rotten food like their masters the worry that they'd turn on them arose, so the villains put them all in the Gultch, it was a perfect spot so deep that none of the beasts and monsters had a hope of ever getting out. It housed things like Hades hydra and his dog Cerberus, the Queen of Hearts pet Jabberwocky and the Jub Jub Bird. The Chernabog was even trapped down there. And no villain could go around it because on one side there were the Cobra Caves where Kaa lived and some had said they'd even caught a brief glimpse of Shere Khan before they ran back to their homes knowing how much he hated humans. And on the other side was the Elephant Graveyard where Scar and his hyenas lived. She knew Harry would probably toss the gang's bikes down the Gultch just for laughs and she smiled again remembering the smirk on his face that made her heart flutter.