You nodded and listened to his heartbeat, letting it calm your sensing and sleep.

~.~.~.~

An hour passed. By now, Klaus had thought you asleep and went to take care of some matters before climbing in bed with you.

You got up quietly, pacing as you couldn't sleep. Your mind was stuck on the taste of Klaus's blood, wanting more.

You couldn't just ask him, that'd be ridiculous. He'd surely as why and you would have to explain that you 'liked the taste of his blood'.

Maybe if you 'accidentally' got hurt, he'd feed you his blood.

Wait, what? What are you thinking? This is crazy, I'll just sleep it off. You thought to yourself. You climbed back in bed, lying down to try and sleep.

You tossed and turned and when you couldn't sleep, you groaned loudly in frustration.

A knock came to the door, and you called the person on the other side to come in. When the door opened, Elijah stood there.

"Are you alright, Y/N?" He asked. You nodded and rubbed your temples, "Just a...headache."

He nodded and bit into his wrist, "I'd hate to have you be hurting." He offered his blood to you and you shook your head, giving him a little smile.

It wouldn't have the same effect, you knew that much.

He narrowed his eyes, like he was trying to figure you out, and asked you, "Are you sure?"

You only nodded and said, "I'll bear through it." You gave a weak chuckle and he nodded, his eyes trailing to the floor slightly. Unable to stop yourself, you asked, "When will Niklaus be getting back?"

Elijah looked back at you and simply answered, "Soon, I'm sure. Try to get some rest, it should get rid of your headache for the time being."

You nodded and laid back in the bed as he turned on his heel, he walking out of the room, leaving you to your headache.

You sighed, standing and going to get a drink of water. When you get to the kitchen, you see a glass sitting on the counter, the dark red liquid an unmistakable sign of blood.

Looking around, you see if anyone is near you. You walk toward the glass, dipping your finger on the inside of the rim, gathering a little of the blood on your finger. You slowly bring your hand to your mouth, tasting the blood.

It was just human blood.

You scrunched your nose up, shaking your head and grabbing another glass, filling it with water and heading back upstairs.

You didn't notice Elijah standing at the top of the stairs on the other side of the compound, watching you walk back to the room.

He narrowed his eyes and rushed down the stairs to the glass, taking a small sip as he tasted the human blood. He set the glass back down and as he did, Klaus walked into the room.

"Hello, brother." Klaus responded, his tone amused at whatever he's done. Elijah turned to him, one hand in his pocket as he said, "What have you achieved this time, Niklaus?"

Klaus shrugged, a light smirk on his lips as he answered, "Oh, just payed a little visit to a certain vampire who threatened Y/N's life tonight."

Elijah nodded and pressed on, curious as to what he saw, "Tell me, dear brother, what exactly happened tonight?" Klaus' smirked dropped as he wondered why Elijah was questioning the events that are now over with.

He answered, "I went to bring Y/N home from Rousseau's and she had already begun to walk home. When I got to her, a vampire was feeding on her blood. That is all that happened, I simply fed her my blood and nothing more."