A Small Catastrophe

Draco bolted up, sweat pounding his forehead, memories flooding back to him from the night before. He slapped his face in pity. How could he have been so stupid? Crying in front of Potter, how pathetic was he for doing so? He looked around, realising he ass in his dormitory. How did he get there?

"GET UPP!!" Yelled the easily reconisible voice of Pansy Parkinson. "UP NOW BLAISE!"

Draco heard sleepy grunts from next door. He threw himself back onto the pillow. From then on he figured that he wouldn't be able to look Potter in the eye after... The kiss.

It is what he had dreamed of! He had finally kissed THE HARRY POTTER! Although, was it good? Snape would have his head for this. What about his father? And the Dark Lord? If they found out about the kiss, Draco was surely screwed. But, he loved Harry. He could hear a distant screeching sound of his owl, Felix. Reluctantly, he opened the window. An ice cold breeze hit Draco's face. He shivered as he unattached the letter from Felix's leg. Hesitantly, Draco opened the letter.

Draco,

I hope the mission is going smoothly. The Dark Lord has no doubt that you will succeed, son. Tibby is being treated as fairly as possible, as you requested before your departure. I am sending this letter to inform you that by the time you receive this, I will be dead. The Dark Lord has been attempting to persuadee to force you the Dark Mark, but it is your decision truly. I have slowly discovered that you are deeply in love with Potter, and to be perfectly honest with you, I have no objection. I wish you the best of luck with your oncoming adventure.

Lucius

A wave of tears hit Draco. His father, dead? That means his mother was too. Were they really like true parents though? Throughout his life, they had been forceful and demanding, made Draco the git he is.

He emerged outside, his uniform ragged, his hair a mess.
And cried.