Two

Rosa and Terry hesitated inside the elevator for a moment as they first stepped inside. The lieutenant had Jake's badge, gun and as much of the radio he could pick up in bags in the hopes it could give them prints as to whoever was responsible for the suspected kidnapping.

Silence trapped inside the elevator as Rosa hit the button for the fourth floor and the doors in front of them closed. She knew had to tell Amy that her husband was possibly taken by a huge drug dealer and could maybe even being held hostage by the guy. So she spoke up to announce her plan to Terry beside her. "I'll tell Amy," she said, looking away from the lieutenant before hitting the button for the third floor too, "You just find out who this bastard is."

Terry slowly nods. "I'll let Holt know about it too, he can announce it to the rest of the squad."

The elevator stops on the third floor and the steel doors ding open in front of the detective and lieutenant. Rosa sighs audibly before stepping off and going out of sight as the doors close again.

The detective goes over to Amy's desk just off the side of the bullpen for the third floor. She stops in front of the sergeant's desk and calls her name out, grabbing her friend's attention. "Amy, can I speak to you?"

The sergeant looks up curiously and nods hesitatingly. "Sure." She replies, throwing her pen down on her desk and following the detective off to the side of the rustling bullpen.

Rosa pauses for a moment to figure out what to say but when she thinks she's got it, nothing comes out.

Amy steps forward slightly, crossing her arms over her chest with furrowed eyebrows. "What's going on?" She asks, her voice filled with concern.

The detective can't speak for a minute, the words sitting on her tongue but she was unable to say them aloud. "It's Jake..."

The concern wipes over the sergeant's face, dropping down as far as it would go. "What's going on with him?" She stutters out.

"He's..." Rosa begins, struggling to get to the end of her sentence. "He's ... gone."

A questionable look plasters across Amy's face. "Gone?" She asks, furrowing her eyebrows slightly, "Gone how?"

Rosa hesitates for a beat. "We can't find him anywhere." She replies slowly.

Amy stares to her with the puzzled look still there. "I don't get it... he just left? He didn't say where he was going?"

The detective shakes her head. "No, we think someone took him."

"He's being held hostage?" Amy's eyes widen as her voice rises.

Rosa nods slowly, looking down to the floor. "Yes, we think so."

A silent beat passes between the two cops before Amy speaks up again, putting her hands against her hips. "How can you be sure?" She questions, quirking her eyebrows up.

"We found his badge lying in the street next to his radio which was smashed up. His gun was a few feet away from them both, too." Rosa responds.

"What were you doing?" Amy wonders.

Rosa looks to the side slightly before speaking up, answering the sergeant's question. "His huge drug case - he was told by his CI this morning that the dealer would show his face. He stood by the back exit to catch the guy in case he ran as squat raided the front of the warehouse. Sure enough, the guy did run and we can only guess Jake chased him, only to be ambushed by him."

"Do you have any idea who this guy is?" Amy asks, crossing her arms again.

The detective shakes her head subtly. "Terry's running prints on the gun and badge, he's also gonna try the radio but it was pretty smashed up so I can't guarantee anything. The guy ran as soon as the door opened, nobody got a good look on him either."

A silence wraps around them both for a moment, the noise of the bullpen behind them only muffled as if a bubble surrounded the two of them.

Amy sighs. "I can't believe this." She says, her voice cracking a little as she fought off the tears forming in her eyes.

Rosa leans forward and catches the sergeant in her arms, hugging her friend tightly. "We're gonna catch this guy and get Jake back, I promise."