Fun House (Part 4)

Start from the beginning

How it was possible, you didn't know, but you both paled even more upon seeing Dick in such a state.

You both stared in awe as what was once Dick approached you, reaching into the pockets of his jacket and pulling out his infamous ekrisma sticks, charging them as he readied to fight his now former allies.

The zombie-like Dick charged

And neither you nor Tim could forgive yourselves for what you were about to do...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was not easy nor enjoyable what you had just done to your now former teammate...

No, neither of you had harmed him in a way that could be considered life-threatening and you certainly did not kill him. But it was still not pleasant to leave Dick unconscious with a split lip, a black eye, and possibly a moderate concussion.

Tim cursed the Joker with every fiber of his being, vowing to teach both him and Harley a lesson about harming his family.

You felt the same, with added pity for Dick as you and Tim gently leaned him up against the wall and walked off down the hall. Both you and Tim looked at each-other for a moment, coming to a mutual agreement.

The Joker would pay for this

Tim himself had gone through something similar in his childhood when he had first become Robin. Constantly smiling, wearing sailor suits, and following the Joker's orders to a "T" to please who he called-at the time-his "father."

He started to shake from the memory.

You noticed that while walking away from the damage that you both had just inflicted on DIck, that Tim's shoulders had started shaking, along with the rest of him. You reached out and grabbed his shoulders, turning him to face you before you pulled him in close and whispered reassurances into his ear while stroking his hair.

While you were new to the team, he had trusted you enough to tell you a bit about this event in his life. You could only really confirm that he had to hang up his cape for about 3 years and that he had, in fact, been brainwashed for a time, however the finer details of what actually happened to him were unknown to you, but you never really tried to pry the information out of him until he was ready to fully open up to you about what happened.

A part of you wished that tonight was some sort of twisted nightmare.

And all of Tim prayed that his family would be alright after this.

Tim looked up at you for a moment, a thin stream of tears lining his eyes underneath his mask before standing up straight, putting on a brave face, and placing your hands back at your sides.

"I-I'm alright now, but thank you." He said, his voice cracking a bit.

"I don't really know what happened or what he did to you back then, but its OK, you don't have to act brave for me. We'll save them, I promise." You said, trying to console him.

Tim perked up for a moment, surprised that you had actually brought up what had happened so long ago. He remembered being tortured for weeks, unable to even remember how to tell time during the process. That horrible chapter in his life didn't seem so far off right now...

Especially now that this was happening to his family...

"I know." He sighed. "But we have to keep moving." Tim stated, not wanting to delve into the matter any further than you already had.

You nodded before walking alongside Tim further down the hallway, trying not to look back at Dick who was still lying unconscious and bloodied against the wall.