[26] Wake Up Call

Mulai dari awal

I got dried off and dressed in a daze. All I could think about were all the things he was keeping from me.

I collapsed into bed and pulled the covers over my shoulders. I had a little bit of a chill running through my bones from the ice cold rain from earlier.

I was drifting into a sound sleep when I felt an arm snake around my waist under the covers. I was definitely awake now.

“Julian?” I whispered, while praying it was silently.

With a chuckle I knew it was him.

His lips brushed my ear as he whispered, “I need to tell you something’s.”

He ran his fingers down the center of my back forcing a chill to break out from my head to my toes.

I twisted around to face him. His eyes shone in the dark room. They weren’t crimson but passionate.

He draped his arm back around my waist and pulled me closer. My head was nuzzled into the nap of his neck, allowing me to smell the sweet smell of mint and pine.

His embrace was so tight and protective that my usual claustrophobic tendencies didn’t surface.

“I’ll start with how I knew about  Jeremy,” he whisper.

 I tried to pull away so I could look him in the face but he wouldn’t allow it.

“The MP3 player that Samantha gave you wasn’t ordinary. Upon my request she charmed it.”

I silently took it all in. He had really been in my mind? In my dreams? He had been reading my thoughts.

“Why?” I whispered into his neck.

He let out a breath of sadness, “I wanted to be sure you were all right. I thought you were better off without me and the others. But you never forgot us, never moved on.”

“What did you expect?” I was crying now, my fists were now in between us and I attempted to beat his chest. “I couldn’t forget as long as Trace and I were connected. Every single time you attempted to ‘fix’ me I was nearly broken in half by the bond. It hurt so much each time. Jeremy was enough to remind me of what I did and did not want that it kept me from actually going on the brink of forgetting. For the past two weeks I have been in an agony that most people don’t even experience in a life time.”

I was trying to push away from him. My tears were streaming down my cheeks now, but he wouldn’t let me go. He wouldn’t let me slip away and fight him. He just held onto tighter allowing me to hit him repeatedly in the chest.

“I know. I’m sorry. I seen Trace each time and he looked like he was dying. I’m sorry I put you two through that. I shouldn’t have forced you apart.”

A hysteric laugh broke through with a hiccup, “Are you crazy?! Do you think it was only Trace that I was missing? Julian, it was you. It has always been you. You broke my heart way before the bond did.”

“There’s more,” he said gravely.

His voice was frightening as he pulled me tighter forcing me to listen as he whispered in my ear the very thing he had been keeping from me since the beginning.

The reason he had held me captive for six months.

I barely breathed as he went on and on about some curse and how I was the one to break it. It was nothing like the fairy tales. Our passionate love wasn’t anywhere near close enough to break it.

There were steps, and certain choices to be made.

When he finished talking he kissed my temple and whispered in my ear to go to sleep.

My body obliged while my mind was whirling with the news.

***

I was awake before Julian. By the time he woke up I had paced around the room like a thousand times. No lie.

“What are you doing?” He asked groggily.

The blanket fell from his chest as he sat up and stretched.

“I’m think about what you said last night, what do you think!?” I whisper shrieked not wanting to give away that I had a boy in my room.

Even though I was well over the legal age.  

“Yea? What have you decided?”

I stopped pacing once I was facing him on the left side of the bed.

“Are you saying that, if I don’t agree to that little bomb you dropped last night, you’re leaving me here?”

He laughed as he grabbed me around the waist and pulled me down on top of him, “Hell no, you’re coming home no matter what.”