𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

Sebastian nods. "Starving."

Chris smiles. "Wanna head into town?"

Sebastian furrows his brows. "We aren't allowed to though.."

Chris shrugs. "That just makes it more fun."

Shoes on, the two slowly and carefully sneak out of their cabin, flicking off the lights to make it seem as if they were already in bed.

"Are you sure about this?" Sebastian whispers hesitantly, rubbing his hands up and down his arms. "What if we get caught?"

"Seb," Chris says in a reassuring voice. "I won't let that happen, okay? Do you trust me?" Chris extends his hand out toward the other, smiling warmly.

Sebastian can't help but nod and grab ahold Chris's much larger hand. "Of course."

With that, they were off, running through the camp gates and off down the street, Sebastian trailing behind Chris. He had to admit, this was actually pretty fun, and as a bonus, he got to hold Chris's hand. That alone would get Sebastian to follow him anywhere.

****

They come to a stop beside a bench, far into town and far out of breaths at least Sebastian was. Chris seemed fine, just a small pink tint to his cheeks from the cold breeze.

Sebastian rests his hands on his knees, panting, the harsh gulps of air burning his throat. God, he was definitely unfit.

"You okay?" Chris chuckles, rubbing his back.

Sebastian nods. "Yeah just— give me a sec."

Chris smiles at that and continues to rub Sebastian's back, gazing around to try and find a good place still open, when his eyes lock on a sushi place just across the street.

Chris remembers Sebastian mentioning something about not having sushi in ages during one of their late night chats, and he gasps happily.

"Seb!" He says, tugging him up straight. "Look."

Sebastian, still very much out of breath, follows Chris's finger and gasps, the breath burning his throat. He coughs, Chris patting his back, gazing down worriedly at him.

"You oka—

Sebastian cuts him off. "I'm fine, just haven't run in a long time. Let's go get some sushi!"

Chris smiles and grabs Sebastian's hand once more, dragging him across the street and into the store. It's warm inside, easing the goosebumps covering their skin, easing the redness of their cheeks.

They walk over to the register, picking out a few packets of sushi, Chris insisting on paying before taking their seat right under the heater.

"Thank you for paying," Sebastian says with a small smile.

Chris grins. "No problem." He couldn't help but realise how much Sebastian has grown on this trip. He was smiling, laughing even, he was getting better at not hunching in on himself. All because of Chris.. well, at least Chris hopes it's from his help.