Chapter 3 - Understanding Female Emotions (SPOILER: YOU CAN'T)

Third Person POV

Between the new arrival, the new arrival being Capricorn's brother, and Leo's outburst, things immediately shifted to a period of awkwardness. Everyone attempted to return to a normal routine, however, mixed emotions and high tensions still embodied the air.

"So Aries," Gemini leaned closer to the brunette, "What skills do you specialize in?"

Heads turned to the conversation, just as curious to find out.

Aries smiled at the attention, "Well I work well in the field, specifically undercover as other personas. I was training for the Marines a few years ago, that's where I really developed my agility and strength-"

"You sure did," Gemini purred, eyes glued to his bulging biceps hugged by a baby blue shirt.

"Right," Aries drawled out and shifted his attention to the rest of the signs, "Anyways, the CIA recruited me and I trained as an agent there."

"CIA? How'd you end up here then," Taurus intrigued.

"Money. The Agency offered me a shit ton of money, and since they work so closely with the CIA, closer than you realize, I was allowed to make the switch."

"I wish you didn't," Capricorn replied with a heavy roll of her eyes.

Aries devilishly smirked, "Why, you scared because I'm better than you?"

"I think it's because she doesn't want to deal with your cocky ass," Libra chimed in.

Pisces took a glance at Aries' butt and shrugged, "I mean, his ass is quite nice."

Aries choked.

"Oh for god's sake Pisces," Aquarius shook his head.

"Uh, on a different note," Aries interrupted, all of his confidence had quickly vanished, "Isn't there supposed to be eleven of you? I know blondie ran out, but what about the other person?"

"One," Cancer started giving him a sharp glare, "Blondie has a name; it's Leo. And two, Sagittarius is under serious medical attention right now."

"Oh shit, why?"

Her eyes immediately began to water; Cancer opened her mouth to speak but all that came out was a choked sob. Libra's motherly instincts kicked in and she pulled the ginger into a warm and secure hug, gently caressing her hair in a soothing manner.

Aries furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Orion hadn't filled him in on what had happened, all Aries had heard was that there was a long term mission and the team had just gotten back. He turned to Taurus for help, but the earth sign just shrugged his shoulders in return.

Turns out neither of them understood female emotions.

The confused brunette felt a hand on his shoulder and he looked down at the shorter male, Aquarius, if he remembered correctly from Orion's introductions.

"It's just a touchy subject at the moment, don't worry about it," Aquarius reassured him, "Have you been giving a tour of the place yet?"

Gemini immediately jumped into the conversation, "I volunteer to give him a tour!"

"I actually explored a little bit this morning before I met you all," Aries explained and Gemini's face immediately fell into a crestfallen frown.

Scorpio raised a curious eyebrow, there was something about Capricorn's brother that was bothering him, "Hold on, Orion just let you explore this top secret facility all on your own with absolutely no one knowing you, and you never got stopped once? Nobody questioned about who you are and what you're doing here?" The thought wasn't unreasonable, but the way he delivered it was rather harsh and accusatory.