Darla nodded and let the brunette in. "He's upstairs in Freddy's room."

Lainey hummed in response and proceeded to walk up the stairs to Freddy's room. She stood in front of the closed room door and took a deep breath before knocking.

"Come in!" A voice from the other side exclaimed. Lainey turned the doorknob and opened the door.

"Hey, Billy." she smiled awkwardly as she entered the room.

He looked up and met eyes with the brunette who was standing there. He smiled. "Hi."

"You needed me for something?" she asked, sitting down on the ground where he was seated.

Billy rubbed the back of his neck. "Uh, yeah."

"Okay...what is it?"

He snapped out of his thoughts. "Oh, right!"

Lainey watched the boy in front of her pull out a piece of paper and unfold it. He handed it to her.

"What's this?" she asked, observing the terrible handwriting that was hardly readable.

"It's the list of every single person who has the last name Willow in town, specifically females." Billy explained, watching the brunette's eyes widen. "Why?" she asked, eagerly waiting for his reply.

He panicked, thinking that he did something wrong. "I know you want to find your mom."

"You're assuming that I want to find my mother?" she questioned, her eyes piercing into the boy's.

He gave her an awkward smile. "Did I assume correctly?"

She thought about it for a second. "Maybe... but why do you want me to find my mom?"

Billy sighed softly. "I don't know. You just seemed like you missed her when you were explaining what happened with her that day. I could tell it in your eyes."

Lainey slightly cringed at his last sentence but went with it anyway. "Sure, I miss her. But how do you know she's still in town?" asked the teenage girl. Billy shrugged. "We'll just have to find out."

She read over the paper. There were in total 74 females that had the last name Willow just like her.

"Do you know your mom's name?"

Lainey thought hard. She tried remembering any memory of her mother or any moment her mother's name was mentioned in a conversation. She struggled for bit as she tried to fetch a memory, but she soon figured it out.

"Hey, Victoria?" asked younger Lainey as she stroked her doll's blonde hair. Victoria hummed in response while turning her head towards the little girl, "What was my mom's name?"

Victoria fell silent for a bit but built up the courage to finally tell Lainey her own mother's name, "Her name was Cassidy, Lainey." she replied.

Lainey smiled, "That's a beautiful name!"

The memory slightly made her stomach turn. All that mattered right now was that she remembered her mother's name. "Her name's Cassidy. I remember." Billy smiled and quickly took the paper out of the brunette's hand.

His eyes skimmed the paper quick, dragging his pointer finger along the names. Lainey assumed that he was trying to find a lady by the name of Cassidy as well. The only question left in Lainey's mind was how he got all these names.

"I got it!" Lainey jumped for joy and quickly sat next to Billy.

"Where? Where?"

"Here!" he pointed at the name. "There's surprisingly only one Cassidy Willow around town. She lives in an apartment by the mall thirty minutes away from here."

"Woah...how do you know all of this?"

He smiled cheekily. "I have my ways."

She sat there, hand on his shoulder as they both looked in each other's eyes. Lainey couldn't help but smile. She was happy. Billy was happy. They both were happy and it felt good to finally really be happy. Billy finally spoke up, breaking the silence between the two teenagers.

"What are we waiting for? Let's go!"

Let's go!

★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★

[AUTHOR'S NOTE]
I haven't uploaded in a while because I really had no ideas but now I have most of my ideas planned for this book, so don't worry!

Stay safe!!

Love, RIV.