I

She was right in front of me. Maeve, Maeve! Can't you hear me? I couldn't speak. Diane held the gun firmly against Maeve's head but I couldn't move to stop her. I was paralyzed. Why can't I move? Maeve! It was no use. I could only stand there and watch. Watch, as I did every night when I fell asleep. Over and over, I watch Maeve get murdered right in front of my eyes. 

   I woke up in a cold sweat. She was gone. Maeve wasn't there anymore. I had to remind myself that every night when I woke up, trying to call her. I looked at the clock. It was 2:30 in the morning. It's been a whole month. Shouldn't I have gotten over this already? I sat there, confused about how long I was going to have these nightmares. I did everything I could to not have these dreams. Any kind of a remedy to soothe my sleep, I used. I couldn't think of what else I had to do. 

   I wanted to ask for help but I didn't know who. I couldn't even tell my mother. I was supposed to be a genius, a 30-year-old with an IQ of 187 but I couldn't even suppress the pain in my chest when I fell asleep at night. It was at times like this when I thought about Gideon. He knew me best, he even addressed the note to me that he left, knowing that I would be the one who would find it. If there was anyone who I could have told about my problems, it would've been him. 

   I sighed and laid back down. I couldn't stay up all night, that wouldn't be good since I had to go to work. I shut my eyes, breathing in and out slowly. It was supposed to calm me down, and it did most of the time. Only a couple minutes after I closed my eyes, I was asleep again. But, reluctantly, I didn't dream about anything else. 

  Later

   I walked into the conference room, where everyone else was already sitting. I quickly walked to my seat as everyone's eyes fell on me. I usually wasn't late, but the dream kept me from getting any good sleep. 

   "Sorry I'm late," I apologized as I sat down. 

   I glanced over at Derek, who was looking at me. He looked back at Hotch and said, 

   "Okay, what do we have?"

   Garcia walked up to the screen and pulled up the pictures from the crime scene. 

   "Okay, this is Ray Howard an engineer from New York. And this is his girlfriend, Sasha. They were found in the local park, along with Tina Mitchell and Jackson Dell. They were also a couple and they show the same M.O. as the first couple. A single gunshot to the head and were placed on a park bench after they were killed." She made a face after looking at the dead bodies and then Hotch took the floor. 

   "Okay, New York PD has requested that we head over there now. This unsub seems to have a pattern of killing every 3 days and if he keeps sticking to his schedule, there'll be another murder tomorrow. Wheels up in thirty," he said. 

   He shot a glance at me and then left the room. Everyone got up and gathered their files, so they could get on the plane. Derek walked over to me and said, 

   "Hey kid, you okay? You're not usually late." He had a concerned look on his face. 

   I looked back once more at Hotch and then I turned to him.

   "No, I'm fine. I didn't get a lot of sleep last night." I said in a convincing tone. 

   Derek raised an eyebrow. "You sure? You know you can tell me anything."

   "Yeah, I know. You only tell me that like every day." I replied, cracking a small smile. 

   I hoped that was enough to reassure him. I walked out of the door, praying that there was coffee on the plane. 

On the plane

   We all sat down and Garcia came up on the screen. I had my coffee in my hand, or as Derek likes to call it- "sugar with coffee." I smiled when I thought about him saying that. I came back to reality when Hotch gave us our parts.

   "Okay, JJ and Blake visit with the victim's parents, they are at the station. Morgan and Rossi go to the crime scene and see what you can conclude from that. Reid, you can go ahead and get started with the geographic profile and I'll join Morgan and Rossi at the scene."

   I nodded my head and then looked out the window. It looked as if it was going to rain so the light didn't hurt my eyes as much. I thought back to the recurring dream of Maeve. It was possibly the only thing that stumped me no matter how hard I inquired about it. Why? Why did everything go down the way it did? Of course, I knew the logical explanation, but what about the literal one? I rubbed my eyes instinctively and looked away from the window. 

   I suddenly noticed that Hotch was behind me. He looked down at me with the same stern look he always had on his face and he sat down. I sat up and looked at him. 

   "I said that you could take as much time as you needed off." He said.

   "I-I know." I stuttered. "I just need to be here. Being here and working is something I have to do." 

   He nodded his head and said, 

    "Just tell me if you need to take any more time. Also, we're landing soon"

New York PD

   "Hey, I'm Jennifer Jareau. We spoke on the phone earlier." JJ inducted as she shook the sheriff's hand. 

   "I'm Aaron Hotchner and this is my team, SSAs Morgan, and Rossi. And this is Dr. Reid and Dr. Blake from the BAU." Hotch said, shaking the man's hand as well. 

   "I'm afraid we haven't seen anything like this before." The sheriff said. "I mean, we have seen some bad ones over the years but this, I don't think we have ever come close to."

   "That's why we are here, sir. Now, do you have a room we can work in?" JJ questioned. 

   "Right this way."

   After we all got settled in, I looked at the map. Only two families were found and both in the same park, just in different parts. If the unsub is sticking to the same park, it must have some kind of meaning to him. And the fact that they are killing couples could most likely mean that this unsub is single and had some sort of relationship mishap. I picked up my phone and I dialed Garcia's number.

  "Hey, Garcia, the park in which the couples were found in, how old is it?" I asked. 

   "Well, boy genius, according to my very amazing sources, it was established about- oh wow, it's fairly new. It was established in 1982." She replied.

   "Thanks, Garcia," I said.

   "You're very welcome."

   I hung up and I circled the park on the map. Off to the side, I wrote about when it was established. As I was writing, I couldn't help thinking about the way Derek looked at me this morning. It wasn't his normal "concerned" look. It almost seemed as if he was staring at me. Now that I think about it, this hasn't been the first time I had caught his stare. I thought. I wonder...

Hey guys, thanks for reading this! If you haven't already, please check out all of my other works including, Nux and Adrianna. And if you are into dreams and the paranormal, I have a dream log that I would love for you to comment on. Thanks again for reading, have a great day!