Chapter X - That Fateful Day

"It all happened so quickly..."

The ginger pilot hopped excitedly off of the yellow bus, giving a wave goodbye to Kapp'n before speeding eagerly towards his group of friends; all of which were standing, smiling, in a welcoming semi-circle ahead of him.

"All I wanted was to have a fun little trip..."

The group chattered amongst themselves as they approached the edge of the ridged cliff, blending into the dozens of Smash fighters all grouped together in a large, lively mass of excited chatter.

"But of course, that couldn't happen."

Fox, being on the shorter side of the fighter spectrum, had broken away from his group as fast as he had joined it, desperate to get a glimpse of the view which was obstructed by his much larger peers walking in front of him. Quickly, and carefully, he sped past the much slower fighters ahead of him.

"I was just pushing through the crowd, excited as can be..."

After hastily weaving through what seemed like a horde of giants, the pilot had arrived at the very front of the jabbering crowd. Instantly, his eyes were met with a wide, glistening ocean spread as far as the eye could see—the reddish rays of the sun giving an almost purple tint to it. With one hand over his amazed emerald eyes, he paced slowly towards the alluring site.

"The view was amazing..."

Fox removed his hand from his forehead, allowing him to fully experience the beautiful sight his eyes were being blessed with. He couldn't help but let out an amazed 'wow' as he took in the view.

"Then I saw... that..."

It was like a second sun in the red sky.

Squinting his eyes, the pilot inched closer towards the edge of the cliff to get a clearer view of the strange orb, being surrounded by what seemed to be long, curvy combs of color.

"Something about it just made me feel... unsettled."

Fox turned around to see if anyone else had noticed the oddity, but alas, everyone was busy catching up and chatting amongst themselves—rendering them completely oblivious to the glowing orb approaching them in the sky.

"Then I turn around, and in that very moment—I had never felt more terrified in my life."

The confused pilot faced the sky once more, his green eyes widening in terror.

"There must've been thousands of them..."

Fox was completely speechless. His entire body felt weak and numb as the anxiety started to take him over. His tail lowered, his hands shook, and his vocal cords almost ached as he was finally able to fearfully mutter out the words, "Uh... guys?"

By the time the pilot had spoken, everyone had already noticed the terrifying scene that stood before them.

"Hands... everywhere."

There were probably hundreds of them invading the sky. A deafening silence filled the air as all 74 fighters filled the perimeter of the cliff, petrified in fear.

Out of instinct, Fox pulled his blaster out of his holster. With fake confidence, he stepped closer towards the awaiting chaos ahead of him, he aimed his gun at the mysterious orb, took a deep breath, and said,

"Don't let a single one get away."

"And then there was an explosion."

"Then everything went white."

"Then black."

"And then..."

"...I woke up."

"And that's the last thing I remember."

Coming soon

Coming soon.