Music And Love - Chapter 14

Chapter 14

"No! No way am I wearing that dress! No way!" Kelly was holding a dress that was super tight that just fit me but there was absolutely no way would I be caught dead in a dress in school in a normal school day. That dance was the first time I had wore any dress!

"Amelia, you want this to work, don't you?" Kelly asked me with a raised eyebrow. 

"At least fine something that includes pants?" I begged her. We were in my room right now and Kelly's dad gladly helped me with my problem by sending all the clothes that he designed to my room. I thanked him liked a thousand times if I counted. 

And since Haymon was not home and was distracted by Serene by bringing him to the nearest theme park. Thank you God for Serene. 

"Let me search through these clothes again." Kelly said and she dived into the giant pile of clothes. Moments later, she returned back with a tight black mini jean and a pink blouse that was really pretty. I nodded my head and Kelly placed it on my bed along with all the clothes that I agreed to have.

Suddenly, I had a text message and it was from...Serene! That wasn't good. 

Amelia! Hurry up! Haymon found out that I was distracting him from something. But don't worry, he doesn't know about the 'something'. Hurry up! He jumped on a bus not long ago and was heading to your direction now! Hurry up, girl! And...good luck!

That was what the text message said. The door opened and Haymon came in with an angry expression but it was quickly replaced by a surprise expression. Guessed he wasn't expecting so many designer clothes in my room, especially girlie ones since I was a tomboy. Then a great idea hit me!

"I need a guy's opinion on all my new clothes. Haymon, would you volunteer?" I asked him with an innocent face. 

"Okay. Sure. Whatever." don't piss me off Haymon, you knew what would happen. I faked a smile trying to cover up my anger and went into the bathroom with all the clothes that I said I needed. But which one should I wear first? Hmm. 

The pink blouse and the mini black jean. Perrfect! I put it on and made sure my hair was perfect. But it needed some work. I plaided it in one plaid and put on an orange hair band and perfect! I exited the bathroom and showed them. 

Haymon stared at me with wide eyes and his eyes slowly went down but then he quickly looked away. Bingo! It worked! 

"What do you think of my outfit, Haymon? I really need a guy's point of view!" and he turned back to face me. "It's...nice." that was it? Nice was the only answer? Well, I wasn't done with him that was sure. The next step was to make him jealous. He had two best friends, Sam and Kelvin and I had to use them to make him JEALOUS. 

The next in school was activity day and I was in the music group since I loved singing. And so was Haymon since he was so awesome and good in guitar. And the best part was Sam and Kelvin were there too. And the other good part was there were only four of us in the music group since no one in this damn school loved music. 

I brought my copy of my song that I wrote. The original copy was lost at the lake somewhere i think. The last time I had it with me was at the lake. Luckily, I still had my extra copy. Mr. Peyton which was extremely friendly and was our teacher for the music group said it was my turn to present something in front of all of them. 

But unfortunately, I was coughing sickly that morning. So I can't sing. Mr. Peyton said it was alright and said all of us could discuss a song or some sort. Plan in motion time! I sat next to Sam (I knew he had a crush on me since the fifth grade) and looked at him in the eye. I was wearing the outfit that I shown Haymon so it was a bonus.

"Hey Sam. Want me to help you with your songs?" I asked him. He looked with me with his green eyes and said, "Sure Amelia. I am not good with it but I wish to improve..you know?" 

"Of course." and I placed one hand on his shoulder. From the corners of my eyes, i could see Haymon's jaw open and his eyes were wide. Bingo! I did the same thing to Kelvin and he was shocked. Served him right!

Oh but I was really far from done with him. 

School finished and as I drove us home, it was silent all the way. Step three. Haymon took his book and jumped on the bed and read it. I took my towel and 'accidentally' left my clothes on my bed and went in to shower. After I was done showering, I wrapped myself with the small towel that Serene borrowed me and went out of the bathroom. 

Haymon saw me and tried to maintain neutral but I knew he was trying really hard not to go 'boy see hot girl' eyes. 

"Sorry, I left my clothes outside. You don't mind right?" I asked him innocently(not!).

"No. No. Just go and put your clothes on." he said. "Please..."I heard him whispered before I shut the door. My plan worked! But if he was thinking that he won, he was so wrong, I was far from giving up!