Chapter 3: Bumpy start

Start from the beginning

ZZZZ

"Alright, so this is everything- your whole life- if you lose this your life will be over."

"Marcus- it's a chrome book-"

"That has your whole life on it."

"That I can also access through my phone."

"But it has your work credentials"

I sighed as I too the laptop and sighed. "I won't lose it, I promise"

That was the first thing I ever said that brought him such relief. He handed me my work cell and a few files (That I printed out for him, but I guess he wanted to just give it to me all together.). "I feel like I should take a picture for your mom or something."

I pursed my lips. "She would love that- but"

"Well you talked me into it." His phone was already out, I grimaced before I put on one of my kilowatt smiles. "Oh she is going to love this. I would send one to your father as well... but I don't have his number."

"My mom will send it to him." I waved him off. My parents were divorced but kept this pretty friendly. Marcus was my mothers friend for years before she met my dad , so when they split he pretty much cut all ties with my father.

"Well I am sure they will love it." He said as he looked over my shoulder. He then began to wave hysterically, that could only mean Cody and his friend were here.

I turned to around to see them walking towards the bus. I made eyecontact with Cody immeaditely. His smile was the same bright warm picture I remembered. And it still made me feel warm all over. Next to him was Noel? God I needed to remember his fucking name. I was horrible with names. He looked happy in fact incredibly happy with a very beautiful girl holding hands with him.

I walked forward and smiled at them. "So good to see you all again-" I shook both of ther hands then turned to the girl. "And very happy to meet you, I am Lottie-"

"Margie Walsh." The woman beamed at me while she shook my hand happily. "I am Noel's Fiancé" The way she said it was with such pride and happiness. Honestly I was jealous of her, I wasn't sure I wouldn't ever feel confident enough to marry someone.

My eyes flashed to cody before I focused back to Margie. "It is so good to meet you. Noel was talking about you the day we met."

Noel blushed a bit and Margie looked like she was on cloud nine. "Cody told me about you too."

I didn't let my face crack, but there was a strange emphasis on the sentence. "Well we should put our stuff on the bus right?" Cody interrupted.

Oh yeah, I would be asking him about that when we were alone. I turned to Marcus. "Anything else you want to talk about before we head off."

Marcus looked at us for a moment as he took mental inventory. He didn't get as far as he did by being the person he portrayed himself to be. He wasn't smart but he was very prepared. There wasn't one problem he hasn't thought of, most people with that skill also had anxiety, but not marcus.

"I think we went over everything." He smiled and pulled in a hug. "I want updates on every event as they happen, keep the documents up to date and if you can try to have fun."

"Yes sir." I said as I patted his back lightly. I pulled away and gave Margie one last wave. She gave me an apologetic smile, which was worse. Because that meant she did know.

I sighed and got on to the bus.

Cody was the first to get on, and it was clear he was going to take advantage of that. "Hey so about what Margie said-"