Protecting Secrets - Chapter 6

As the echo of the scream slowly died, Davina had already jumped over the bed, gently picking up Izzie and placing her in the bathroom with whatever toys she was holding.

"Do not leave this room until I come back!" she ordered.

 Instantly, Dee sprinted out of the room and down the hall in the direction the scream had come. Ryan poked his head out of what appeared to be his room, and she ordered him to lock himself within.

 Dee didn't not know her way around this place at all, having not had time to look at floor plans yet. But regardless, she was able to follow the flow of people, officers and staff within the white house, until the source of the screams were discovered.

 Sara stood at arms length from her father, furious at him.

"What do you mean NO! I swear, it's all you ever say to me!" she screamed at him.

"No I don't!" the President insisted.

"YOU JUST DID! Please Dad! PLEASE!"

"Absolutely not!" he ordered her. Dee slipped further in the room as more people tried to intervene into their argument. There were several ladies that stepped forward to insist that her father was right, and that she needs to calm down before she broke something. Some security attempted to place themselves between Sara and the President, and started to remove him from the room. The others within the room were appearing to get quite agitated by her reaction, clearly feeling that she was acting quite selfishly.

 From her position, Dee could see that these people's interference was clearly not helping. Sara started yelling again, screaming at people to leave her alone and stop attempting to help.

"It's just a party, dad! Why can't you let me be normal, and let me go to one single party!!!"

Dee stepped forward.

 "Sir. May I just stop everyone for a moment?" When people started to attempt to push Davina out of the room, and away from the flight, that tripped a switch within her. She put two fingers within her lips, and whistled. It filled the room with a painfully piercing sound, and successfully shut everyone up. She looked down, and noticed one of the security men had his hand on her arm in attempt to get her out of the room. In a deep voice, she spoke only to him.

"Move your hand. Immediately." And he did.  

 "President, Sir. I have a suggestion, if I may?" He waved his men away and stepped forward, nodding for Dee to continue. "It's a party Sara wants to go to, correct? Why not have a single person accompany her at the party? Therefore keeping her safe, but not interfering with her night?"

"Are you suggesting yourself to go with her?"

"Yes. I would be perfect. You can have a team positioned around, on call. But what if you allowed me to accompany her. As her cousin, I can look out for her, keep her safe. And call your men if there was even a whisper of trouble arising.

 He thought on it for a moment, and finally agreed. But Sara wasn't impressed.

"You still get to win! I have to have your stupid security following me everywhere! I am not running this country, why should I be punished!" She would have continued with her rant, had Davina not looped her arm with Sara's and pulled her politely out the room.

 "What the HELL! I was-"

"-yelling at your father. Yeah Yeah. I am sorry to interrupt. But I have to show you the benefits of this plan. And you need to listen to me Sara. For like, one minute. Seriously!"

"Well, hurry up then!"

"I am only a couple years older than you. My plan it is accompany you as a friend. And No, you don't actually have to be my friend. I will pretend, regardless on how much you want to kill me. By taking up this role, I will be able to stay close enough to you, without ruining your reputation, but far enough that you can do whatever the hell you like, and I will not be in your way."

"What about the security outside?"

"I will keep them out of the way, unless something goes wrong. Which it won't, cause it's just a party. So you don't need to stress about them at all! Are you in?"

Sara sighed.

"Alright. But if you screw up, I'll have you fired." Dee smiled.

"Challenge accepted. Now, I need to go get your brother and sister before they think I have forgotten about them! Try not to start any more wars, Sara!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~