A little into the set, Rocky took his mic, with a gleaming smile. “How many of you have heard of the band Boys Like Girls?” A good chuck of the crowd let out a cheer, including me. Rocky chuckled. “Than you might know this next song. It's one of my favorites at the moment...”

The band started to play one of my favorite Boys like Girls song; She's Got a Boyfriend Now. Rocky was the first to sing.

We were seventeen and invincible, Had the world figured out, And the girl on my shoulder, Told me everything's gonna be all right, And everything was gonna be all right.”

I felt my throat closing up, my eyes were fighting tears, tears of guilt... can't believe he still cares.

“Yeah, maybe we were in high school, But you never see the ending, When you're young and not pretending, Singing everything's gonna be all right, And everything was gonna be all right”

I tried to smile at how Rocky was tearing it up on stage. He was on lead vocals and the crowd was loving every second of it. He and Riker started to chase each other on stage during one of Ross' solos.

Suddenly, Rocky stopped running, and I knew he had saw me in the crowd. He put his head down and hustled back to his mic on the far side of the stage. As he sang the neck lines of the song, I could hear his voice trying not to give way to crying as they related so closely to our situation. “Now she's got a boyfriend and I've got a rock band,'Cause nothing really ever goes the way it's planned”

I glanced over to Kendall who was watching me with confusion.

“Buried her deep inside, stars stuck in my eyes.”

I shook my head, trying not to let my emotions get the best of me. Kendall wrapped his arm around me and started to lead me out of the venue as the song was ending.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa!” Ross called out into his mic when the song was done. “Someone stop that girl!”

A spotlight was put on me. A crowd was formed. I turned back to Ross who had an evil smirk on his face. “Get up here!”

The crowd was cheering, but I could tell the band didn't like that idea, especially Riker. I think he hated me the most...

“Ross.” I sighed. “Not tonight.” With that I dragged Kendall out of there.

On the car ride back to my house, it was dead silent. Not even the radio could help, all they played on the 10 minute ride back to my house was Wanted by Hunter Hayes and You Don't Know Her Like I Do by Brantly Gilbert. It was sad and annoying!

“Do you want me to walk you in?” Kendall asked when he pulled into my parking lot.

“Um, sure.” I smiled and got out of the car.

Kendall walked me to the front lobby of the apartment. “I'll call you later?” He asked with a smile.

I nodded my head. “Yeah, that'd be nice.” Kendall leaned down with the intentions of kissing me.

I bit my lip and squeezed me eyes shut. It's just a kiss!

So I let him kiss me...

~~~

When I got back up to my apartment, I found Liam sitting on the couch watching tv.

“How'd it go?” He questioned with a bored tone.

I shrugged my shoulders. “It was fine, nothing special.”

My uncle got up from his place on the couch. “You know what I don't understand Avery? Why are you dating this guy? It's obvious to anybody that you don't really like him!”

“Liam, it's not that simple!” I shouted.

“Than explain it to me!” His Mexican part was coming out. And I knew that soon we would be shouting in Spanish.

“Stop it! I don't need to explain anything to you!”

Liam was taken back and slightly hurt. “Well, fine...” His voice was significantly softer. “Don't explain it to me. But make sure you're okay with what you're doing.”

I didn't say anything as my uncle started to walk away to his room. Than he stopped walking and turned back to me with sad eyes. “Sunny, don't play it safe and settle for some loser.”

The words hit me hard. I was numb as I walked to my blue room with Cupcake laying my bed. I grabbed my laptop off the nightstand. Waiting for it to load, I thought back to the comment off my video. I was going to do it, sing The Man Who Couldn't be Moved by the Script.

~~~

Friday afternoon as I was getting ready to leave work, I was dancing around in my room to the latest song on the radio, singing my heart out.

A knock on the door scared the crap out of me. “Come in!”

The white door flew open revealing a young women with black hair and a clipboard. “Avery Mason?”

I nodded my head. “Can I help you Miss...?”

She smiled. “Ms. Diaz.” She stuck out her hand towards me. I shook it. “So, Avery, let's sit.”

I led her to the couch. “Am I in some kind of trouble?”

Ms. Diaz let out a laugh. “No, Avery, actually quite the opposite. I have a business deal for you.”

I was intrigued. “About what?”

She pulled out her tablet, tapped a few times before showing me the screen. It was me singing online. “We want you to sign with Hollywood Studios.”

“Wait, you want me to be a singer?” I questioned doubtfully.

She looked confused. “Isn't that what you want?”

“I mean that would be cool, but that was never my intentions when I posted those videos. I was just messing around.”

Ms. Diaz looked at me. “Well, it doesn't matter, we still want you so sing for us.” She gave me a smile. “What do you say?”

I looked down at my fingers nervously. “I don't know. Can I have time to think about it?”

Ms. Diaz smile and handed me a small white card. “Absolutely. Give me a call by next Friday.” I nodded my head and walked her to the door. She turned to me. “You're a good singer Avery. It's no wonder why Ross and Rocky are always raving about you.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you liked it :D
What did you think about her date with Kendall?

Do you think she's settling?

Should she sign and sing for Disney?

Hoping for some comments and vote :D

Lots of Love - Raz