Cream - Our Special Day

Alright, so this oneshot is special in that it wasn't a request but a gift! Basically some of my friends from Wattpad that I'm in a discord chat with decided that since we were all either writers or artists, we should do a secret santa thing for Christmas where we make each other presents. I ended up getting the lovely Saisucc, which if any of you are familiar with her you know that she's obsessed with Cream. So that's what she got.

Anyways, figured that this would be the perfect thing to slip into my update schedule since I'm officially back at it after the holidays. Warning though, the second half of this oneshot is a lemon, so if that's not your jam then you can choose to read the first half and bail or just not read this one, whichever you prefer. Other than that, prepare for fluff overload!

~Kitty

*****************************************************************

"Ink, I don't know if I can do this," Cross mumbled as he looked to himself in the mirror, butterflies churning in his nonexistent stomach.

"Nonsense! You look great and I know you can't wait to see Dreamy in that dress!" The artist countered, subtly adjusting the tie around the taller's neck and brushing dust off his shoulders for the umpteenth time before stepping back. He stuck his rainbow tongue out as he held up his fingers to make a picture frame, moving in and out a bit before nodding. "Perfect! I really think I outdid myself this time!"

Cross looked to the tuxedo he was wearing, his signature mix of black and white creating striking contrast and highlighting the golden heart around his neck. "Yeah, you really did. Without you this wedding probably never would be possible." The creator had worked tirelessly to give two of his good friends the perfect day, setting everything up in Haventale and locking the AU off from the rest of the multiverse so that there was absolutely no possibility of Nightmare or any of his goons interrupting such a momentous day. Ink had insisted on creating most of the décor as well as their wedding outfits as well, with the residents of Haventale pitching in wherever they could.

"I am pretty amazing," the shorter skeleton declared, puffing up a bit in pride before turning his attention back to his friend. "But none of this would've happened if you never manned up and proposed. That one was all you, I didn't even make the ring!"

Cross sighed as he remembered that day, recalling it with such fondness. He'd never seen Dream so happy, truly happy. While he was the physical embodiment of positivity, the monochrome skeleton knew from their travels that the guardian was often forced to don empty smiles for the sake of those he was trying to help. But that day, Dream's smile had been real and genuine as he'd said yes, and Cross knew for a fact that his own happiness had nothing to do with his partner's aura.

A hand on his back snapped him out of his thoughts, dragging him back to reality and Ink's toothy grin. "Come on, it's your big day! No getting lost in the past, ya hear? We need Cross here and now!"

"Okay, okay!" He laughed, swatting playfully at his friend as his courage returned. Yeah, he could totally do this, if he'd faced Nightmare countless times then this would be nothing. "Alright, you win. I can do this, happy?"

The creator nodded and gave him a thumbs up, now gently herding the taller skeleton towards the door. "Okay, you know where you need to be, so get out there and get ready while I have this exact same conversation with Dream!" Ink wasted no time in running off to his fiancé, the monochrome skeleton chuckling at the thought of Dream getting talked out of cold feet at the last minute too. He really was way too cute.

Knowing that he needed to get out and be ready, Cross headed out of the room Ink had made for him to get ready and walked over to the dais, looking across the bulk of Haventale gathered in support of their union. The Sans of this universe and his Papyrus were sitting right at front, both giving him encouraging smiles and thumbs up as he took his place and waited for Dream to get ready. Standing behind the altar was Gaster, and just like his sons the only difference from his typical relaxed attire was the bow tie now around his neck. "Cold feet?" He asked knowingly, Cross chuckling and nodding in response.