CHAPTER 2

I wake up pretty late, getting barely any sleep

I wake up pretty late, getting barely any sleep. I woke up multiple times tonight. Ugh. I get up and it's around 1:40pm, sheesh.

I stretch and decide to go for a run, I mean it's summer and I should be doing something productive. Plus I just about slept half the day away.

This way I can get to know the area better anyways. I still haven't checked New York out obviously. Some areas of course, but nothing interesting.

I pull my hair up and wear some simple workout clothes. I fill a water bottle and check if anyone's home. Nope.

I don't really know where I'm going but just decide to take a run around this neighborhood and maybe get to meet some of my neighbors.

I run through my neighborhood and enjoy the pretty houses, my neighbors are mostly older people or families. Kinda boring.

After a while I went back home and get ready to go out with Bella, ugh 3 years I haven't seen her. If I'm honest I questioned if I was even going to see her again. I thought I wouldn't have gone back to New York again. Look how that turned out.

I take a shower since, duh. I blow dry my hair and brush it out, decide on a simple floral dress with a denim jacket. I wear my boots and do some simple makeup.

She said to get kinda fancy, so that's what I did.  But knowing her that means go all out. Or that's how I remember her anyways. I finish it off with my purse and a choker. Done.

I call up Bella since it's 5:15. "Hello?" "Hey, it's Sophia." "Oh! Hey Soph. Um wait like 5 minutes I sent him out about 20 minutes ago so he should be there pretty soon." "Ah ok no prob, cya soon."
"Byee."

After a few mins, I hear beeping outside and the driver confirms it's him. I get in. Digging through my purse to make sure everything's in there. There was barely any talk between us, just silence mostly.

He drives me to the restaurant. "Here we are, miss." "Thank you." I give him a smile and get out. This place is actually kinda fancy. But I don't feel too underdressed. I wait outside the entrance, she told me she'd meet me there.

A few minutes later I hear heels and turn around, there she is Isabella Windsor. We both look at each other and then run up to hug each other, nothing dramatic but hello, we haven't seen each other in like 3 years.

"Oh my god, it's actually you. You're alive." We both giggle and hug each other tightly. She's still the girl I remember, she's in heels and a fancy dress but of course rocks it.

We go in and eat, their food was super great, I won't lie. There was so much catching up. She's got this super dramatic life but it sounds fun, my life back home was kinda boring, like sure I went to parties but barely. Maybe if there was any good parties back home but they were lame.

"So you're up for a party tonight? I know my boyfriend Michael is throwing one." "Oh uh I don't know." God I sound boring. Stop it. "Oh come on, it'll be fun don't be like that." We both giggle. "Okay okay, why not." Like she said it'll be fun, I don't have anything better to do.

"Yay! You get to meet some of my friends then." We pay and meet her driver outside. "Wait I gotta tell my mom tho." "No worries when we get to Michael's and you can tell her you're sleeping over at mine" "Sounds good." I nod.

We get to her boyfriends apartment and take the lift up, she walks in without knocking, there's a few people here. Mostly rich kids, just a few kids hanging. It's lowkey but I like it.

I follow her into the kitchen and there's a couple of guys just drinking, we walk up to a them and Bella kisses the tall guy in the middle. "Hey baby." He kisses her back of course, this makes me miss Justin even more. I know eventually we'll have to end things but I'm not ready to yet.

She breaks the kiss and turns around to me "So this is Sophia, she just came back to New York after like years. I wanted you to meet her." "Hey." I smile. "Hey there, I'm Michael." He has a cocky type of smile, but I don't know. I judge quick.

His apartment is pretty nice. A few hours later we're pretty drunk, I'm not boring anymore. That's all it takes a few drinks. We're dancing. I meet a few of her friends and dance with them since Bella left me to be with her little boyfriend.

I'm having a blast and yes there's some cute guys here that I'm happy I met, wait no shit never mind. Anyways. I turn to see Michael's friends smoking weed.

A little while I feel pretty sick, I'm basically about to black out so my smart ass decides to go outside to get some fresh air. I barely get on the lift but I'm happy I chose the lift over the stairs. I take deep breaths to try and sober up a bit.

I finally get outside and sit down on the steps. I give myself a few minutes to get my shit together. Ugh I want water. I don't even remember which floor Michael's apartment is on.

Where the hell is my purse? I stay out for a few more minutes and go back into the apartment. Okk, now for me to remember which floor his apartment is on... uh 3 I think. I press 3 and wait.

Ahh, i think it's the right floor. I go to the door I remember to be his, also there's a bottle of champagne right next to the door.

I go in and most people are sleeping or left. I go up to this girl I met, Vanessa or something. She's one of the only ones here. "Hey, so have you seen Bella?" I say, the music is still pretty loud too.

She laughs "She's fucking Michael in his room." "Oh. How the hell do I get home?" I say quietly to myself. "Don't worry, main streets are only like a 10 minute walk and there's a bunch of cabs there. Or you can sleep here it's up to you."

"I don't really know if I wanna sleep here I mean I don't even know this guy.." She nods. "Are you staying or?" "Uh no I gotta get home so we can go together."

Phew, at least I won't have to walk alone. "What time is it anyways?" "4 am I think" "Lets go then?" "Let's go"

We walk through the neighborhood as she leads the way, we get to know each other and she's actually a really nice girl. Damn it's cold, at least the sun is coming up now.

We walk and talk and eventually shops and more people start appearing in my view. We go up to a shop and look for a cab. Well 2 to be specific.