i.

"We're under attack!"

Gara looked out of the ship, the sky full of fire and the fleet of the First Order. They thought they were safe, but somehow they found them...he found them.

"Gara! Stay on the ship and command your pilots. He cannot know you exist" Leia said, concerned as she and the team tried to figure out how they found their ship.

Disappointment washed over Gara as she realized she was spending yet another battle on the command ship. Everyone knew that she and Poe were the best pilots on the team, yet only one of them ever saw action. After all, she was precious cargo. Not many knew of her origins, or that like her grandfather Obi Wan, she too possessed the powers of the force.

Her father was a little younger than Luke, conceived after the twins were given up. Gara was born years later, and trained by Luke in secrecy. All of their faith was in Ben Solo, she was just back up so it was better for the future of the jedis to keep her under the radar.

She looked at their  main control ship. He was on it, he had to be. This was the closest she has ever been allowed to be with Kylo Ren. And maybe it was for the better as she felt sadness when the memory of his late father ran through her head. Han Solo was the person who taught her about ships, yet Kylo Ren had to ruin everything. As soon as he decided to join the dark side, both her training and Solo disappeared from her life. At least she was lucky to see him for the last time before Kylo Ren took his life. She remembered spending her days as a young girl on the millennium falcon but all that was left of her great memories was Chewie.

"Alright! This is what we prepare for!" She called out, turning her full attention to her pilots. "Suit up and show them what the resistance has in them!"

It always scared knowing that some of her pilots won't come back, but they needed to protect everything the resistance and the past rebellion stood for. It was a sacrifice they all had to make.

Once they left, Gara turned her attention towards the enemy ships, only to see a flame burst through the window. Then suddenly everything went black.