4."Souffles or Truffles?"

Candy orange had never been her favorite color. She'd solely prefer British Blue over Candy orange any other day, even if it had made her look like an old woman. But since it had been a life and death endeavor, she had to make do with the bright and sunny mop on the top of her head.

But, she had dumped the wig at the first chance she got and had took the cab to the nearby hotel. It was more of a strategy than a color itch. She had to blend in for now and if by chance, something went wrong, she would just be few kilometres away from the airport.

The hotel was reputed and trusted and, the room was clean, bright and airy. The perfect condition for a night of quiet retrospection for her plan further, which was...

Her stomach growled.

...to eat something before anything.

She walked towards the landline phone placed beside her bed and pressed 2, before holding the receiver to her left ear.

"Hello, this is the reception. How may I help you?"

A crisp voice spoke the chivalrous crammed line.

"Hi! I'd like to order some food. May I know if the hotel provides room service?"

There was a pause, before the female receptionist continued.

"Yes, miss. We provide room service for our guests. If you'd open the last drawer of the bedside table, you'd see a brocade of dishes. Pressing 10 on the landline will connect you to the kitchenette."

Just as she said, there was a black menu in the last drawer of the bedside table and she smiled satisfactorily.

"Thank you."

"It's a pleasure, miss. If you have any other queries.."

"No. That's all for now. Thanks again."

She interrupted and heard the receptionist whisper 'you're welcome' and she placed the receiver back in its place, before opening the menu.

She shuffled through the contents and jumped straight to the dessert section first. Because priorities matter...

"Should I order souffles or truffles?"

She shuffled a few pages back and read through the columns.

"And, Ratatouille and Beef Bourguignon. And I guess, plain Veggie salad and french burgundy wine to go with it. With finalized dessert, Chocolate Souffle."

She nodded as she pressed 10 and, held the receiver to her ear. The line screeched as the phone connected to the kitchenette and she smiled.

Food... Food... Food...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Don't forget to vote and comment*

°•° Are you a foodie? What's your favorite food? °•°

PS: I don't know much about French Cuisine. I have surfed the net for the information, so if there are any mistakes, do point them out.