28

September

"I can only remember parts," Beverly said to us. "But, I thought I was dead."

"Yeah, I thought I was dead too." Richie smirks, and I flick his forehead before resting my head on his shoulder. He wraps his arm around my waist.

Ever since that day in the basement, Richie and I have been inseparable, even more than before, but I wasn't complaining.

"That's what it felt like. I saw us, all of us together back in the cistern, but we were older, like, our parents' ages." Beverly finishes.

"What-what were we all doing there?" Bill asked.

"I just remember how we felt. How scared we were. I don't think I can ever forget that." Beverly states.

"Swear it." Bill says, standing up suddenly and picking up a piece of glass from the ground. "S-swear, if It isn't dead, if It ever comes back, we'll come back, too."

Beverly stood up. Then Richie, Eddie and me. Then Stanley and Ben. And finally, Mike.

Bill cuts both of his hands, then walks over to Richie and does the same. Then to me, Eddie, Mike, Stan, Ben, and finally, to Beverly. We all grab hands, and then after a couple seconds, let go.

"I gotta go." Stan says. "I hate you." He says to Bill, and we all laugh. "I'll see you later."

"Bye, Stan." Bill mumbles.

Then, Eddie gets up and turns to me.

"I'm going to leave. Are you coming with me?"

"Nah, I'll stay here for a bit longer."

"Ok. Bye guys." Eddie says, before walking away.

"Bye Mike." Beverly says as Mike walks away.

"See you later, Losers'." He says.

"El and I are going go now." Richie says, grabbing my hand. We stand up and hug Bill, Beverly, and Ben.

"I can't believe you're leaving tomorrow! You'd better write us." I say as I hug Beverly.

"Don't worry, I will." She replies smiling, but the smile doesn't quite reach her eyes.

"See you around, Bill." Richie says.

"See you, Rich." Bill replies.

Richie and I walked off to a quiet spot in the woods.

"So..." I say as we sit down on an old log. "What do you want to do?"

"I can think of a couple of things." Richie winks.

I just chuckle, and say, "Oh yeah? Like what?"

"Like this." He says, before lifting up my chin with  his finger and kissing me.

"Are you excited to start school?" I ask once we pull apart.

Richie scoffs. "Definitely not."

"Why? Everyone will like you now, since you're dating me." I wink cheekily.

"I doubt that. I think they're going to stop liking you, El."

"Whatever. My popularity is the least of my concerns." I shrug, and rest my head against his shoulder. "I love you, Tozier."

He rests his head against mine and says, "I love me too."

"Richie!" I whine.

"Oh, and I also love you." He says, kissing the top of my head.

Life couldn't get better than this.

The End