14

Everyone quickly escapes the house, and they all run down the steps.

Bill and Richie helped Eddie, while Mike and Beverly helped me walk.

I don't know why Bill and Richie thought it was necessary for them to help Eddie walk, considering the fact that his arm was broken, not his leg, but I didn't judge.

Once we got to where all our bikes were, they picked up Eddie and put him in the basket on Mike's bike, and then they helped me get on Richie's.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You. You did this." My mom says, pointing at my friends. In her other hand, she gripped Eddie's good arm. "You know how delicate he is." She then proceeds to shove him in our car.

Richie had his arm around my waist and I was leaning heavily onto him.

"We were attacked M-M-Mrs.K." Bill starts, but my mom interrupts him.

"No. Don't. Don't try and blame anyone else." She snaps.

"Mom..." I groan.

"Get in the car, Eleanor." She says angerly.

"No."

"Now."

"I can't! When we first got here all you noticed was Eddie's broken arm. You didn't even notice the fact that I am unable to walk!" I shout, tearing up.

Richie brushes away a stray tear that runs down my cheek.

My mother sighs before walking over and picking me up bridal style. It was a very uncomfortable experience for me. Before she walks me to the car though, she glares at Richie and says, "If you talk to, or touch my daughter again, Mr. Tozier; so help me, you'll be sorry."

Once I'm safely in the car, mom shuts the door so I can't hear the conversation going on outside. But I think she dropped her keys?

I notice Richie looking at me, and I mouth 'I'm sorry,' to him. But instead of responding, he just crosses his arms and looks anywhere but me.

Of all people, I didn't think Richie would be someone to follow what my mom says.

I feel myself tearing up again until Richie looks at me again, and winks.

I laugh and shake my head at him, tears still running down my cheeks.

My mom gets in the car, and Richie and I stare at each other until I can't see them anymore.