Awkward...

"Ouch, what the fuck?"

"Sorry! I was late so I..."

Rowan found himself on top of Gavin. As soon as they saw each other, something clicked. Why were they flustered? Why weren't they saying anything? ...did his eyes always sparkle like that..? Their faces weren't that far apart, which set the mood perfectly. They didn't know why, but they started leaning closer into each other. "No, we aren't... Are we?" They both thought. They didn't dare say a word to each other; whoever talks first gets made fun of. At this point, they were centimeters away from kissing. Just a little more and...

"What in the absolute fuck am I looking at right now?"

Rowan immediately turns off of Gavin upon hearing this voice behind them. Gavin clumsily tries to get up but falls over on his shoulder.

"Uh, sup, Ashton." Rowan said with a slight giggle. He had no idea what to say. "Oww." Gavin groaned. They both went to help him up, which was easy; the scrawny blonde boy was always pretty light. Ashton flicks his hair out of his face. "So you didn't answer my question, haha." Ashton says, teasingly. Thank God, what if he knew? That would've been a DISASTER. They would never hear the end of it. To make it less awkward, Rowan joined in on the teasing. "Huh, whaddaya know? Gavin IS bi." They both had a good chuckle at that comment. Gavin chimed in. "Well, YOU'RE the one who tackled me, fucktard!" "Aww, look at Em', he's bashful" Ashton forced out while he was still laughing his ass off. That got everyone going. Just a bunch of idiots, standing in a circle. "Hate to interrupt your circle jerk, but the bell rang a couple minutes ago" a chubby, short-haired kid said behind them. "Eyy, was good Brodyyyyy?" Rowan said in the fucking stupidest tone possible as they did the usual sideways high five-pound it handshake that everyone uses to greet each other. "Eyyyyyyyyyy." He said back. "You guys are fuckin' retarded." Ashton says, rolling his eyes. "Say, don't you have a perfect attendance to not ruin?" Ah, yes, the entire reason Rowan almost ended up necking his best friend. "O-oh, right! See you guys at break!" Rowan yelled as he ran into the building, his sidecomb getting all kinds of messed up in the wind. The rest walked as they couldn't care less about their TAG attendance. They said their temporary good-byes as they all walked into their different home rooms. Gavin first because he was a whole grade higher and they passed the grade 9 classes first. Speaking of Gavin, that moment left him thinking: Was he really into guys? And if so, would him and Rowan work? And if so, what does he tell his girlfriend, Layla? All questions that will be answered soon enough in the next chapter.