evermore.

❝i composed a beautiful letter to you in the sleepless nightmare hours of the night, and it has all gone: i just miss you, in a quite simple desperate human way.❞

( vita sackville-west in a letter to virginia woolf. )

            FAIRYTALES DO NOT ALWAYS END WITH A HAPPILY EVER AFTER

            FAIRYTALES DO NOT ALWAYS END WITH A HAPPILY EVER AFTER. This is the case for Genevieve Chen and Peter Pevensie, whose relationship was a fairytale in every sense of the word. Madly in love, the couple was to be married in January of 1950 — but fate is cruel. It took Peter (along with two of his siblings, his cousin, and some family friends) in a train accident. The night after his burial, Genevieve Chen sits down at her desk and writes a letter to him in the moonlight. She feels closer to him this way, though she knows he will never read them. But somewhere called Aslan's Country, Peter Pevensie reads her letters, and composes responses to them though he knows she will never see them.

            THE LETTERS ARE NOT SIGNED 'LOVE.' She signs Yours truly, and he signs Sincerely yours, and all the letters are addressed My dearest with the intended recipients' name after. And yet these are just snippets of their five-year relationship, snippets of the life they should have been able to live together.

            IT MAY BE NONSENSE TO WRITE A LETTER TO ONE WHO IS DEAD, and yet it brings a comfort. No one may read it but the author, but the words are out there in the universe, and maybe it will reach the recipient one day, somehow, maybe when we're all stardust spread across galaxies. But rest assured, letters to the dead do not go unheard.

PHILLIPA SOO as GENEVIEVE CHEN WILLIAM MOSELEY as PETER PEVENSIE

WILLIAM MOSELEY as PETER PEVENSIE

( okay so it's been bothering me having yours truly, sincerely yours, and my dearest all in separate stories and it's annoying and messy and idk why i didn't just put it all in one thing in the first place, probably bc i didn't think i was gonna write peter's responses and was basically just winging it. anyway, welcome back if you read the originals. the letters are going to be the same, they'll just be better written and both gen's original letter and peter's response will be in the same part this time so it makes sense lol. )

( if you're new here, hello! so this series of letters is based around the relationship between genevieve and peter, who met in november 1944 and were together until his death in september 1949. the letters start the night of the funeral. more information is given for their relationship in each letter and response. head's up: geneveive's american and a native new yorker, which is where the relationship played out. also: with the rewrites of some of these letters i've also decided to write in briar marseille from my susan fic somehow here again, because gen already exists in her universe and well, i feel like briar should exist in gen's universe and also they would get along so well lmao. i only own genevieve chen. this can also be found on my quotev account at /queenlucythevaliant. )