Ending

Afina felt as though she was trapped in her own head, fighting a losing battle. She knew her control was vanishing by the minute she could feel it and for the first time this demon felt closer then her own self did.

She felt like she was slipping away, like she was being pushed to the furthest corner of her mind. She didn't know how long she had been asleep but she knew it was long enough to miss whatever her siblings had just gone through. She could feel it. Everyone was fighting for there lives and here she was lying in bed unable to wake up.

She couldn't open her eyes. She tried. Every second of every day she tried to force herself to wake up but whatever spell she was put under was stronger then her but not stronger then the demon, she knew that too.

She knew the next time she woke up it would be because the demon finally got control. She wanted to scream she was slowly losing her mind literally and figuratively.

She almost completely lost it one day when she felt a hand grip hers. Immediately she felt her mind at ease and she was able to push the demon that much further away.

For a moment she wondered if Raphael could've been the key to saving her but then she remembered not to get her hopes up.

"Hello my love" his soothing voice reached her ears and she felt his soft lips give her hand a kiss and she wanted nothing more then to kiss him. "I'm sure you can sense it, these past few days. But I wanted to tell you, Valentine is dead. Clary killed him before Raziel could grant his wish."

Afina knew of Raziel, every Shadowhunter did. They also knew it was highly illegal to wish for something from him.

"He was going to kill the entire downworld." Raphael went on and he felt her hand tense in his grip. "But he didn't succeed."

"It's over now." He whispered with a smile. He reached his hand forward and brushed a strand of hair behind her ear. He couldn't help but look at her, the way the sun hit her made her look angelic, which she always was to him the sun just added to it. "I love you."

He was broken from his trance when Magnus knocked on the door way. Raphael glanced up at him and was greeted with small smile "will you come with me for a moment?"

Raphael nodded and stood up from his seat. He leaned down and placed a soft kiss on her forehead before he followed after the warlock.

"There is someone here I would like you to meet." Magnus said as he walked. "He should be arriving shortly If you could let him in."

"I'm sorry but why can't you do that?" Raphael asked watching Magnus make his way back to Afinas room.

"Because I have to check on Afina and I need you to greet my guest it's very important that you greet him." Before Raphael could question further Magnus disappeared down the hall.

~

Afinas eyes opened slightly, adjusting to the bright light shining into the room. She glanced around, looking for Raphael who was beside her only moments before. When she couldn't find him she slowly sat up and looked again.

"Afina." she looked up at whoever had called to her and was met with a very shocked Magnus. "You're awake? How do you feel?"

"I-um" she tried but seemed lost for words. So much had happened since she was brought to Magnus. So instead of answering she asked, "how are Alec and Jace? Izzy? The downworld?"

"Slow down" Magnus chuckled as he sat beside her and placed a comforting hand on hers. "All your questions will be answered in due time don't strain yourself. Alec and Jace are just fine as well as Izzy they were worried about you. Max recovered-"

"Recovered?! What happened to him?" Afina demanded more aggressively then she had intended.

"Jonathan." When he saw the confused look on her face he elaborated. "Sebastian. Jonathan is Clary's brother who the clave have been looking for and it turned out it was Sebastian."

"I knew that guy was creepy." She muttered before her head shot up when she heard the knock on the front door. Magnus raised an eyebrow and glanced to the hallway. Sure he had heard the knock but not that well.

"Raphael is here. After I give you your medicine I'm sure you'd love to see him." Something broke inside her at the mention of medicine. It's like everything she was fighting against she lost in that very second and she was pushed so far back.

She blinked her eyes but when they opened this time they were blood red. When Magnus had his back turned to her she stood up. She sped up to him so fast Magnus didn't have time to register what was happening until she had him against the wall with a tight grasp around his throat.

She scowled at him as her red eyes bore into him before she heard talking coming from the living room. She let him go and went to run when Magnus yelled to Raphael.

"Do not let her get out!" He yelled as loud as he could and just in time for Raphael to turn and see her, catching her before she got to the open door.

"Close that door!" He yelled at the guy who he had just opened the door too only seconds before.

Afina elbowed Raphael in the ribs before twisting one of his arms. Enough to free herself. She went for the door when the guy from before tried to catch her. She bared her fangs at him when Raphael grabbed her and pushed her against the wall, his hand to her throat.

The demon smirked between gasps of breath. "Kinky"

His grip tightened and he pushed against her "shut up."

"She's almost gone and you can see it" it laughed with a menacing look in her eyes. "That little spark of whats left that you see is almost snuffed out. She doesn't have a chance."

"Shut up" Raphael growled tightening his grip to the point she could hardly breath. Her eyes looked him up and down before she smirked.

"It's really to bad she had good taste in guys" it mocked. Raphael snarled as he pulled her from the wall and pulled her so her back was to his chest. His hand still tightly wrapped around her throat.

"Do it!" He yelled at Magnus who was searching for the medicine.

"Raphael I can't breathe" his grip faltered slightly when he heard her pleas.

"Do not let go! She's trying to trick you!" Magnus yelled before he found the medicine. He almost smiled in victory if it wasn't for the fact that Raphaels falter let her get free. "Where is she?!"

Everyone's eyes were on Raphael as he even realized she was no longer in his grasp. "Damn it!" Magnus muttered.

Magnus set down the medicine and ran his hand down his face in frustration while Raphael almost punched a wall had it not been for Magnus scolding him about it.

Magnus fell onto his couch in frustration before he noticed the man still standing by the door in slight confusion. "By the way. Raphael, Seth. Seth, Raphael. Not that it matters." And it didn't not right now because after all this she slipped away.

She was gone.

Oh my gosh. The last chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it. I'm going to enjoy writing the next book as well and I hope you guys are excited for it.

Thank you all so much for sticking with me and reading this story:)