"Just peachy, thanks." Chaeyoung gave a tightlipped smile. "You?"

Dahyun spread her arms in the air and inhaled deeply. "I feel so good." She grinned in both Lisa and Chaeyoung's direction. "Excited for Lisa's birthday!" Dahyun nudged Lisa and they were both giggling.

Chaeyoung gave a nervous laugh, "Why exactly are you excited and why are the both of you acting like you're crazy?" Chaeyoung asked, with a confused expression.

Lisa let out a content sigh and giggled again before replying, "It's this thing between Dahyun and I."

"Yeah," Dahyun interjected. "So during Lisa's 16th birthday, I completely forgot it was her birthday and therefore also forgot to buy her a present, and I felt really bad, so I asked her what I could do to make it up to her, and Lisa said that I just had to give her twenty different kind of presents on her 20th birthday—you know, because being 20 is like a milestone in your life or something like that. And now, she's turning 20! And I have all my twenty gifts."

Lisa burst out into laughter, and gave Dahyun a side hug. "That's stupid, you're stupid. I was literally joking, but I appreciate it."

Chaeyoung's eyes widen a bit, "Twenty gifts? That's a lot."

Dahyun shrugged like it was no big deal. "Yeah, well, she deserves it, she's amazing."

Lisa gave a flattered smile. "Shut up, you're amazing."

Chaeyoung was about to say something else, but decided against it. Dahyun's her girlfriend's best friend. It was fine, nothing to be worried about.

But when Dahyun dragged Lisa out the dressing room, without so much as a 'goodbye', was when Chaeyoung swore she had steam coming out of her ears.

--

"Are you sure Dahyun isn't your ex-girlfriend?"

It was midnight and Chaeyoung and Lisa were on their shared bed in the current hotel they were staying at, having meaningful and meaningless conversations, admiring each other's faces, and just enjoying the company of one another. Chaeyoung was playing with Lisa's fingers when she asked her this, and the look Lisa gave her, halted her movements.

Lisa simply looked amused and laughed like Chaeyoung had just said the funniest thing in the world. "Chaeng... What?"

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and puffed. "I'm serious, Lisa."

"So was I when I said you were my first everything." Lisa stroked the hair that was falling all over Chaeyoung's face with the other hand that wasn't being hold. "My first girlfriend, my first love, my first kiss, my first date, my first... time." Lisa smirked at that last one, which made Chaeyoung playfully shove her.

"Shut up."

"What? Are you getting all hot and bothered thinking about—" Lisa playfully joked, but was interrupted.

"Lisa!" Chaeyoung laughed.

Lisa joined in on Chaeyoung's laughing fest and stared at her adoringly. "I love you."

"I love you more." Chaeyoung smiled and sighed, rolling her eyes. Just when Lisa thought the topic was dropped, Chaeyoung continued, "But are you sure Dahyun's not in love with you or something? Because, seriously—"

Lisa shut Chaeyoung up by bringing their lips together. She then gave Chaeyoung a peck on each of her cheeks, then to her nose, to her forehead, until Chaeyoung was a giggling mess—the sound of someone who was so in love.

"Chaeng, can we not talk about Dahyun tonight? We always ended up having a conversation about her whenever she's around."

"That's because she's in love with you and I see it."