And Suddenly... Everything Changed

David grumbled as he looked out his window. "Mom, exactly WHY do I have to go to your Christmas work party?" he sighed, folding his arms and turning his head lazily to glare at his mom.

"Because baby, you NEVER go ANYWHERE and I'm tired of seeing you always in the house just watching TV or something, so you're coming here to meet people."

"But here I'm only going to meet OLD people because they WORK with you, that means they've studied a CAREER and they're obviously going to be OVER 35!!! I don't want to meet old people mom, I barely want to meet young ones..." he turned to the window again while his mom looked unhappily at him and sighed, why had she had such a weird boy? David was 16, he was good looking with his long dark eyelashes on his big brown eyes, yet he let his black hair cover his eyes and that way he looked so uninviting. He had a fit body, having no friends, he spent a bit of his time exercising but not too much. But the way he walked, talked and looked at people was not inviting, "he's just shy" she thought. Why else would a 16 year old act this way?

"DAVID! Did you see that?!" Liam his 3 year old brother yelped.

"No Liam, what?" David turned to look at his brother with loving but annoyed eyes.

"There was a dog sitting there! A big brown one! Like grandpa's!" He yelled excitedly

"Honey, please calm down, we're almost there and there you'll get to play and run and everything," his mom turned to say, "please sweetheart?"

"OK MOMMY!"

She turned and parked the car and before getting out she turned to David, "Look, a lot of people are bringing their kids, I think most of them are small though, around Liam's age and up to 12, BUT my boss did say her daughter's coming and she's 15 ok?"

They got out of the car and Bonnie grabbed Liam's hand and walked briskly through the snow towards the large mansion where the party was being held, "Come on David," she snapped, "I want you to come in at the same time I do."  She felt nervous and David could perceive that his mother was not in the mood for him to say he didn't want to, so he quickly followed her footsteps to enter the place.

As soon as they entered the place, the smell of Christmas trees overwhelmed them, and they looked around to see 6 huge pine trees with presents below them, they saw at least 7 turkeys and a lot of food and drinks.

"Bonnie!" A voice boomed, and a 40-something looking man came up to her with a glass of champagne in his hand, "These are your sons I suppose? Good to meet you, my name is Robyn and I'm your mother's boss" he streched out his hand and smiled. David smirked while he looked at the hand and hesitantly put his hand to it when he saw his mother's glare.

"David, sir." He forced a smile and a polite tone, it was all he could do.

"Ah, David, nice name nice name," the man commented as he looked David up and down, "you're around 17 I suppose?"

"16 sir, but good guess," David chuckled.

"Ah, even better!," David winced, "my daughter, Emma, is around here SOMEWHERE," the man looked around sighing, "where is that girl... ? Well anyway, look for her, she's the girl in the black skirt and boots." The man turned away to start chatting with Bonnie and David started looking for a place to hide, there was no way he was going to start looking for this man's daughter.

David walked and stumbled into a kitchen, where he saw a pointed boot coming out of the pantry and a few grunts. He walked to stand in front of it and saw a girl in there, trying to reach something but she was too short to reach it. His instict told him to help her, but he was scared, what if she was mean?

"Hi!" he blurted out, and the girl; who was standing on a stool, lost her balance and fell, his arms automatically reached out and caught her. As they noticed what was happening they both blushed furiously and he gently put her to the ground.

"Need a hand with that?" he shyly asked and stood up on the stool, "what were you trying to reach?"

Emma Thompson just stared at the guy, trying to remember where she had seen him before, while she was thinking she absentmindedly said, "I was trying to reach the cookie jar..."

When he turned around to see her, they both remembered the last time they'd seen each other and their eyes widened with surprise, surely they weren't the same people.

--------------------------------------------------------

just trying out an idea here...

PLEASE comment honestly, I really want to get better :S

O M G... This is so embarrasing, if it's not good I mean :S I have no idea

ummmm... pleasee tell me the truth...

umm... and i think that right now it's kinda boring, but i'm just trying to start the story, if you like it and want more I swear it'll get better (or at least i'll try to make it better)