CHAPTER 1

"I guess it's fine, the view from my window sure is pretty

"I guess it's fine, the view from my window sure is pretty." I giggle slightly. "Sophia! Darling come down!" I sigh, "Ok listen I gotta go, call you later, love you."

I put the phone down and walk into my kitchen to see what my mother wants. "Yes?" I look at her with an angry expression. "Baby, I told you. I'm sorry but we had no choice but to move. This was a great job opportunity for your father."

I stay quiet. "You'll love it here. This apartment is bigger, the school you'll be going to is better. You used to love it here. I decided to surprise you, your friends have already reached out finding out we're moving back. I planned it for you." I don't know why she's even trying to be nice to me right now. I probably won't see her for the next month anyways.

I wasn't exactly listening up until now. But I look up at her shocked. "Who?!" She smiles at me. "Isabella. And Charlotte aswell." She said in a sweet tone. "For real?" She nods.

I didn't really believe it. I haven't seen them in 3 years and Bella was literally like a sister to me. The closest friend I've ever had. It hurt to leave her and we would call every day but we stopped contacting each other about 2 years ago.

"When?" I asked zoning back in. "Maybe.. 2 days ago. Sorry I haven't told you but I know you had a lot on your plate. Here's the numbers they left you. Isabella said she wanted to meet you so maybe you should call her."

I nod and take the note my mother gave me. "Do you know if I'm going to the same school as them?" Her smile widened. "Yes, I planned it and you'll be going to the same school as them." "Thank you..." I took the papers and went back upstairs.

I was contemplating whether to actually call them or not. I mean it's not like we're friends anymore. Hell, haven't even spoken to them in like 2 years. But I know nobody. I want to know somebody. I took a deep breath and phoned Bella first.

"Hello?" Her voice has matured of course but it's still soft and sweet like it used to be. I stayed quiet for a few seconds. "Um hello?..." "Hey."

I wondered if she would recognize my voice. "Soph?!" Wait... she did? I don't know why I'm surprised but I am. I was scared she'd forgotten.

"Yes, it's Sophia" My heart was racing. I was dying to see her. We might never be close like we used to be, but of course I'd love to see her. "Oh my god! I can't believe it's actually you. This feels crazy. I thought you wouldn't have even called me."

"Of course I would call you." I know had a smile on my face. Her personality hadn't changed to be some bitch. She's still her. I was more than relieved. "We need to meet up! It's been what... 4 years? I can't believe you're back."

I giggle. "Ok, lets meet up. When?" I'm nervous, so nervous. But way more excited. "If you're free tomorrow, there's a restaurant I love. Daniel. Hella good."

"Sounds good. Is it fancy or should I go casual?" "It's pretty fancy. Wear something cute. What's your new address? I'll get my driver to pick you up at 5."

A FEW HOURS LATER

Our new house was pretty big. I was unpacking my things and put my makeup and other essentials on my vanity. I looked out and took in the view of this beautiful neighborhood. My father chose a good neighborhood to live in, I could tell. Super peaceful.

But of course, I knew he'd try and make up the fact we moved away from my old life by buying a beautiful house. God, I wonder if we'll ever finally settle and stop moving. It's bullshit. So unfair.

It was getting late and I was so exhausted from everything. These past few days have been way too busy. I took a shower and went to bed.