3

Ava's pov

I got up earlier than usual; the sun wasn't out so I'm assuming it's very early. I checked my phone, it was my only clock I could read in this house. Maybe I need glasses? Who cares.

4:39am

I sighed not being able to go back to sleep. So I got up. My feet touched the cold floor making me shiver I unlocked my door and slowly opened it. I was met with darkness I turned on my phone flash light and I found my way down stairs.

I went into the kitchen and I opened the fridge, it quickly closed back and I gasped to see Miles. Of course it was him.

"What are you doing down here?" He snapped. "I-I was getting water." I stuttered not being able to look him in his eyes. "You can't wander around here or you'll get hurt." he said and I backed away from him.

"I-I just want water, t-then I'll be back in my room. Can you go a day without threatening me!" I whispered yelled, not wanting to get hurt by him again, but also being annoyed with how controlling he was.

He glared at me and opened the fridge and got a water and handed to me. "now leave." He said and I nodded and walked away quickly.
I went back into my room and I locked my door. I started breathing heavily for nearly running up to my bedroom.

I don't want to be here, I can't live with someone abusive. I want to leave.

-

I woke up seeing the light this time. I checked my phone to see the words. No service at the top left corner. I checked the time.

9:33am

I grabbed clothes to wear and I walked out to the bathroom; getting lost again. But I luckily found my way to the bathroom and I started the shower. It was hot enough for me to get in so I did.

I got chills as I looked around. I felt paranoid like someone was watching me, I had to hurry and get out of this shower, I don't like this feeling at all.

So after my shower I walked out, water falling on my shoulders from my wet hair making me colder. This house was just naturally cold, it'll never be a warm welcoming feeling, it's just a coldness that you could never get rid of.

I put my clothes in a separate bag then my clean ones and I walked downstairs to see Flora and Miles.

"Hey Flora, where's Nic?" I asked. "she went grocery shopping, she said our fridge was dull and empty." Flora said and I laughed. "sounds like her." I said then my stomach dropped.

She had to go out back in town to go grocery shopping; meaning I'm stuck babysitting Flora, which is not bad, but I can't be left alone with Miles.

"So I guess I'm babysitting for now." I said with a sigh and Flora nodded. "Can you make pancakes?" Flora asked and I nodded. "Sure." I said and I walked past Miles.

"You should be collecting laundry." Miles finally spoke up. "Shouldn't you have a maid for that?" I asked. "that's what you're here for right?" Miles said with a smirk and I rolled my eyes. "No, I wasn't supposed to come to this shit hole in the first place, I was forced to. And you have feet and hands, shouldn't you be able to do your own laundry?" I said truthfully. "Flora." Miles said. "Yes?" She asked "room, now" he ordered and I shook my head.

Who does he think he is?

Flora ran upstairs to her room Miles started walking towards me making me back up. My back soon hit something cold; the fridge. I was completely cut off guard.

"Your disobeying now?" Miles said and I shook my head "no-" I got cut off my his hand going around my neck tightly. My breathing stopped slowly each time he added more pressure.

"Now are you going to collect our laundry?" He asked and I nodded "speak, with words" he said "y-yes, let me go-" I forced out.

He added more pressure "will you talk back now?" He asked and I shook my head he pulled me forward and slammed me back onto the fridge. "with words." He snapped. "No" I said. "No what?" He asked "no, I won't-....t-talk back." I said while fighting for him to let go.

My eyes started getting heavy as I tried pulling his hand off and he let go and I fell to the ground gasping for air.

Fucking asshole.

Tears falling down my face repeatedly as I coughed or air. "Get up." He said and I quickly stood up but I was still light headed.

I fell back to the ground coughing I felt him grab my arms. "No! Don't touch me!" I screamed and he covered my mouth.

He then threw me over his shoulder and walked up the steps. He went to my room and threw me on my bed. "Collect the laundry, if it's not collected in 5 minutes I'll be back" he said. He walked out and I cried hard into my pillow.

Soon I got up and I walked quickly into floras room and I grabbed her laundry basket then I headed to miles room being terrified

I softly knocked on door "come in" he said and I opened the door and grabbed his laundry basket I walked right out and walked around looking for the laundry room

20 minutes later I found it and I started washing their clothes

I felt someone staring so I turned around to see miles

I looked at the ground as he stared "thank you" he said "n-no problem" I said while putting my hair behind my ear and I looked up quickly meeting his eyes and instantly regretting it "s-sorry" I said "for what?" He asked and I shook my head "nothing, I should head up to m-my room" I said and tried walking past him

"Why leave... so soon?" He asked while grabbing my hand "what?" I asked confused "my sister asked for pancakes" he said and I nodded "oh-right yea, I-I'll make them right now" I said and I let go of his hand and walked into the kitchen

God Ava stop thinking like that, he doesn't like you

edited