aussie boy saves the day

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

day of the final tournament— south korea vs united states

"i heard y/n left, and i had to skip my vacation to fill in for her" the manager yelled at the boys, making them scrunch up in their seats.

"anyways, why the fuck did you lose that easy match against the pelicans?! they played like high schoolers! and who are we?! the champion team! changbin, you don't get the win for us during finals and your cut from the team. chan will easily take over" he exclaimed, leaving the room in fury

the first half of the game, changbin's team suffered the biggest loss. the crowd was failing to cheer on the team knowing that they couldn't possibly win the game with the way they played. the team constantly begged for breaks, discussing plans and pissing off the opposing team with their decisions. when changbin put chan in the crowd cheered on, putting smiles on everyone's face.

"bang chan is in the game!! it looks like changbin is finally making some good decisions for the team"

but bang chan did nothing but disappointment. the second he got the ball he would drop it, staring around in embarrassment. it was almost as if he was doing it on purpose, you realized. at one point minho shoved chan to the ground, "get it out of the game!" minho exclaimed to changbin before the buzzer could ring.

"wow.." the announcer called

"i thought the seoul stays would be some sort of competition to the american team but i guess i was wrong. they seem to be completely messed up. i don't know what's going on with them"

"they seemed the be lucky this whole time i guess..."

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

the boys sat down in the locker room, exhausted and disappointed from the game.

"look, guys why are we like this?" changbin asked the guys

"y/n's not here, we need y/n! without y/n we're gonna lose" jeongin responded

"you guys! don't you hear yourselves? you don't need y/n! you need yourselves! think about it, when you first started playing, even before you played on the national team, was y/n there?"
the boys shook their heads no as they listened in on what changbin was saying

"then just imagine a time when y/n wasn't there and play ball. pretend like there's no one there. no gym, no crowds, no managers. let's just play like we did when we were younger, when we played on the courts in our school in front of the girls in order to gain someone's attention. let's play our best, okay?"

the whole locker room was quiet before a sniffle could be heard from hyunjin. hyunjin got up and hugged changbin, "that was fucking beautiful man" he cried, making the whole team laugh

"let's do it!" the whole team cheered

"1..2..3.. seoul stays!" the team rushed out of the locker rooms but changbin stopped chan on the way

"chan, i'm gonna have you sit on the benches this time... replacing you with felix" the freckled boy stood up from the neches, "me?!"

"yes you" changbin laughed

"you seriously think he can replace me? im the best one on the team!"
"well it didn't seem like it" changbin shrugged, grabbing felix's hand and leading him to the courts

"wow! as if the game couldn't get better, changbin has just replaced their best player bang chan with a rookie, lee felix!" the news reporter exclaimed

"let's see how well his decision will turn out"

"ok guys..." changbin said as the boys huddled up, "just remembered what i said"

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

as the game went on, the crowd seemed more and more on the edges of their seats. seoul stays were already passed the united states team and were so close to winning. the timer was so close to zero as felix was passed the ball.

at first he seemed afraid, the americans coming to play defense on him as he dribbled down the court.

"to me, to me!" felix heard changbin's voice and quickly passed the ball, running down the court.

the crowd screamed as the time grew closer to zero and felix was passed back the ball. seungmin, jeongin, minho, and hyunjin made sure that felix was safe to play as he dribbled down the court and finally before the timer could go off, he shot for a lay-up.

"and it's in!" the announcer called, the team running up to felix and screaming in excitement

"congrats to the seoul stays, you have won the tournament!!

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰