Taking out a pen, she remembered what Samantha had told her before she left her home for the airport. She untied the cover of the journal, laid it on her lap and started to write...

So, God, you've brought me safely to Ontario but...now what? Am I only supposed to work at the camp for the summer or is there something more you want me to do? Something you want to change in me...? Whatever it is God, you know that I'm opened to you. And God, Samantha was right two years ago when she said that it's time to move on from Alexander. I really am ready to give it a try... to let go... find someone new. Let this season be the time you give my heart to heal and get over the love I thought I had with him.

Georgia glanced up from the notebook and exhaled. Her heart hurt at the thought of the active decisions she would have to make in the healing process. Like forgetting all those memories of a tall, muscular man with steely blue eyes.

She closed her eyes and willed the visual images to leave.

Goodbye Alex.

Her eyes were still closed when she thought she heard a man calling her name. She ignored it, thinking it was her mind playing tricks on her, but the voice soon sounded closer, almost as if the person was standing right in front of her.

"Georgia?"

The voice was gruff and low. "Excuse me, are you Georgia Adams?"

Georgia's eyes snapped open. Standing in front of her was an older looking man dressed in a flannel shirt that he had tucked into the waist of his blue jeans. He wore architect boots and a baseball cap pulled over his greying hair.

"Hi. Um...yes...." She scrambled to put away the notebook in her bag. "That's me... Georgia." She bounced up from her chair, laughing nervously, tucked her hair behind her ears and stood.

"And you are?"

The man looked at her amused. "I usually demand that my first-time counsellors call me by my full name Joseph." He let out a hearty laugh that rumbled his oversized belly. "But you've won my affections already, missy."

Georgia blushed in embarrassment and glanced down at her toes. Why was she always making a fool of herself?

Busy people walked around them as the man stuck out his hand. "You can call me Joe or Uncle Joe; it really doesn't matter to me." His Canadian accent filled her ears.

Joe had kind eyes and Georgia found herself liking the big bellied guy already. She also noticed that his eyes were a light brown in colour, and his greying hair and beard still had streaks of black.

Undoubtedly, Georgia would say that Joe was a handsome one back in his day, for she realised that he was muscular despite his belly. Georgia noticed too that he was married, with a gold wedding band sporting on his left ring finger.

She found herself thinking about what his wife might look like. Would she be a bit chubby like him, or slender? Blonde hair or Brunette, like hers?

Coming back to reality, Georgia took his hand in hers and gave it a gentle shake. "Nice to meet you, Joe."

Joe side-stepped her and lifted her heavy suitcase in one of his arms. Georgia was amazed by his strength. Her luggage was nowhere near light.

"My wife sent me to collect you. The other leaders were too busy getting settled, so like always, I was selected to be the hero for the day." He paused and looked at her thoughtfully. "She's a wonderful woman. You will like her."

The way his eyes lit up at the mention of his wife and the smile that rested on his face intrigued Georgia. Joe had to be in his late sixties and he still looked like a lovesick teenager when he talked about the woman he had married. Now, that was impressive.