chapter 10

I dreaded what today would bring, so I planed on staying in bed as long as I can. I watched Mike sleep peacefully next to me and I wished I could do the same. I had slept horribly last night. There was a light knock on my door. I gently got out of bed so I wouldn’t wake Mike up and tiptoed to the door. Standing there looking like he didn’t get any sleep either was Mitchell.

“The lawyer called he said he will be here in an hour.”

“Okay, hank you.” he gave a small smile. I closed the door quietly before walking to my window. It was a bright sun shinny day. I let out a sigh before deciding to et ready for the day. When I came out from the shower Mike was awake.

“Morning.”

“Morning. How are you?”

“Fine, the lawyer will be here in an hour.”

“Okay. I guess I’ll take a shower so we can have breakfast.”

“Okay.” I changed into a pair of jeans and a tank top. When Mike came out I went back into the bathroom to do my hair and give him privacy.

“you can come back in now.” he was fully dressed.

“Ready for breakfast?” I gave a small nod. To tell the truth I wasn’t that hungry. Mike followed mr to the kitchen where Michael was sitting at the counter drinking a cup of coffee. He looked up when we walked in.

“Elizabeth how are you holding up?”

“Fine.” I walked over to the stove to see if there was hot water in the kettle.

“Honey I’ll make you breakfast.”

“Thank you Michael, I just want some tea but I bet Mikehere would love something.” I grabbed a mug, a tea bag and made me some tea. I sat down next to Mike at the counter.

“You should eat something.”

“I’m not hungry. The tea will be fine.” Jared walked in.

“There you are.”

“You leaving?”

“Yes. I’m needed at work. I would stayed longer.”

“Don’t worry about It. It was so nice to see you again.” I got up from my seat to give him a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

“It was nice to met you again Mike. Take car of her.”

“I will. Nice to met you too.” they gave a hand shake.

  As soon as Mike finished his food Alex came in to tell us the lawyer was here and he wanted all of use in the living room.

“Hi my name is Nicholas. I’m sorry for your loss. Your Grandmother was a dear friend of mine.”

“I’m sorry for your loss also.” I said to him. He gave me a small smile.

“Your grandmother gave me specific rules on how to read her will. As I read the names will you stand.  Alex, Quinn, Mitchell and Elizabeth.”

“What about me?” Deanna wined.

“You will be in the next group.”

“Okay will you four follow me to the den.” we followed him to the den. He closed the door after us. I was getting a little nervous know. I wanted Mike here with me.

“So I was instructed  to tell you that you four are the primary in the will.”

“Which mean what?” Alex asked.