Everything seems brighter

You hardly slept the night before as you couldn't shake the memory of his lips on yours. It was engraved into your mind and you could still feel his touch on your lips. The tickle of his moustache. His hands embracing you.

It felt like a dream, yet it was all so real.

You eventually decided to get up and be productive today. You got changed and made your way to the kitchen.

Queenie was there making coffee.

"Morning." She greeted as she handed you a mug.

"Good morning." You replied cheerfully, filling the mug with coffee.

"You look happy." She had a huge smile on her face.

"Do I?" You felt a blush coming on. "Must be the sunny weather."

"Or it could be your date last night with Grindelwald." She giggled. "Oh, how I wish to be like that with Jacob." She sighed, remembering how things went down in Paris.

"One day, Queenie. When we have achieved our goal, he'll see." You reassured her.

"I hope so!"

You took a sip of your freshly made coffee and leaned against the counter, greeting Credence as he came in.

He looked happy to see you.

"Good morning, Credence." You smiled his way.

"Good morning, Y/N." He reached past you to grab an apple from the fruit bowl.

"So, how did last night go?" Queenie urged.

"Did you know it was a date? I mean when I spoke to you before dinner last night." You glared at her playfully.

"Not exactly. Grindelwald said he wanted dinner to be set for two, so we ate earlier and prepared dinner for you both. I thought he might just be doing it to cheer you up after London, but I can see it was so much more." She giggled.

"You're reading my mind aren't you?"

"I can't help it." She poked her fingers lightly together as she turned away with a guilty expression.

You chuckled and gave her a playful nudge.

"So, you and the most feared wizard." She didn't stop grinning as she continued to look at you as if still reading for thoughts.

"It's not like that. We had dinner, got close.... and kissed. Not like I'm marrying him!" You defended.

"There's still time for that." She winked.

Credence choked on his apple and you quickly went to his aid.

"That's enough of that talk." You gave him a good pat on the back as his composed himself.

"Enough of what talk?" Gellert's voice flowed like honey as he entered the room. His eyes drifting across everyone's faces.

"Nothing." You muttered shyly.

He smirked as he came closer to you, lifting your chin up with his finger and leaning in close.

"If you day so." He said just inches away from your lips. He pulled away, but stayed very close to your side as his hand wrapped around your waist. "You can carry on with your conversation, don't mind me."

Queenie was trying to bite back her grin, but she was failing miserably. "I, uh... I was just saying that dinner looked good last night."

"Astounding, Goldstein. You have a true talent in cooking." Grindelwald praised. He was teasing of course, playing the game. He knew exactly what you were talking about, you could tell by his arrogant confidence.

"Dessert looked nice." She tried to continue.

"It was. Very sweet." He peered down at you. "I wouldn't mind a second helping."

"I put the rest in the fridge."

"That's not what I meant." He winked at you subtly.

Surely your face was bright pink right now.

Credence excused himself and Queenie couldn't stop her giggles.

"So you heard us." Queenie confirmed.

"Every word." He smirked. "Secrets can be hard to keep in a house full of people. You never know who is listening around the corner."

"How very sly of you." You shook your head at him with a smile. "How many people know we kissed?" You asked hesitantly, worried about the answer.

"Just those who were in this room. No one else."

Queenie giggled again and excused herself to leave you both alone in the room.

"Do I get that second helping?" He asked close to your ear. It left a shiver running down your spine.

"Saying no doesn't feel like an option."

"It is if you don't want it."

At least he was giving you an option.

You leaned in closer and your lips met his in a soft kiss. His fingers dug themselves into your hair as he took control, knowing you wanted this.

He was the one to pull apart.

"I hope you realise the risks your taking going down this path." He was trying to read you.

"I was already taking risks by just being here, I can't help being... attracted to you." You admitted rather bravely.

"Honesty. What a good trait you have." He grinned.

"I can't expect you to have that trait, you're the most wanted wizard alive." Your expression was rather hard to read. "I can at least confess to have feelings for you, I can't explain why, but they're there."

He looked quite smug about it.

"I'm flattered."

You gave slight chuckle and backed away a little.

"I can never tell what you're thinking." You decided to leave him there.

Grindelwald watched you leave with a chuckle and leaned back against the counter.

He had you around his little finger.

He could at least say his world had become a little brighter since yesterday.