He better not tell me nothing either, cause I'm gone read him his rights if he do. Pulling in the driveway, I cut the car off and dreaded going in the house. Paris opened the door, but stopped when she seen I wasn't getting out.

"You already hea' so you might as well just get out." She said, as if she was reading my mind and grabbed my hand.

I nodded, taking my seatbelt off and grabbed my wristlet, getting out. Locking the doors, we walked up the steps and just walked in. I said hey to my godsister, eyeing her little boyfriend and he nervously smiled at me. She noticed, smacking my arm and gave me a look.

"Yas, be nice. Stop being mean, to people." She said, making me suck my teeth and huff.

"Sorry. Force of habit." I apologized, giving him a bright smile and he did the same.

"This is Kamron. Kamron, this my sister, Yassin and her cousin, Paris." She said, making sure to say my government and I mugged her.

"You ain't have to say my government, bruh. You coulda said one of my nicknames." I said, bucking at her and walked away.

Paris and I walked in the kitchen, being greeted by clouds of smoke and I smiled. Paris lightly coughed, fanning the smoke from her face and gagged.

"Exaggeratin' ass." I said, making her suck her teeth and wave me off.

"Nah, you just a damn pothead." She said, as we sat on a stool at the island and I shrugged my shoulders.

Seeing some slushies with gummies in them, I grabbed one for myself and gave one to Paris. I licked the salt off the rim of the glass, taking a sip from the straw and put one of the sour punch kids in my mouth. They had some shrimp and teriyaki shish kabobs, along with boiled shrimp and other things. I grabbed a potato, taking a bite out of it and someone smacked my head.

"You was 'sposed to wait, witcho greedy ass." My godfather said, making me shrug and put the last bite of the potato in my mouth.

"Yo nigga in the back, working the grill." He said, making me look at him and give him a smug look.

He snickered, sipping from his double cup and I mugged him.

"You ain't funny. You know we ain't together, anymore. Stop being petty." I said, mushing him in his head and he pointed his fingers in my face.

"Do you wanna box?" He asked, setting his cup down and putting up his dukes.

"You good." I said, waving him off and he nodded, grabbing his cup.

"Lemme get a sip." I held my hand out, making him eye me a little bit and I smiled at him.

He eyed me a little more, handing me the cup and I took more than one sip. Snatching the cup from me, he mugged me and sucked his teeth.

"You said A sip. Not six." He said, mushing my head and I shrugged.

"You shoulda known, I was gon' take more than one." I said, sipping on my slushie and eating the gummies.

He hummed, flicking me off and walked out the kitchen. I grabbed another potato, turning in the stool and faced the back doors. Nasim was putting the brisket on the grill, taking the patties off and put them in the pan. I mugged him, pushing my lip up and put my attention on the other people.

Taking the straw out the slushie, I drunk from the glass and downed the rest of it. I set the glass down, throwing the straw away and walked outside. My godbrother was by the pool, so I walked towards him and put my hands over his eyes.

"I'a push yo ass in this hea' pool. Get the fuck away from me." He said, making me snicker and move my hands.

He looked back at me, getting up and gave me a hug.