VIII

« chapter 8, giyuu x reader »

THE ENDEARING CHIRPS of the ryukyu minivets were the only source of sound the place had other than your all so booming hisses which have piqued Shinazugawa's annoyance more.

"I'm treating your damn wounds or else Tomioka would kill me by the time I bring you in that freaking estate of the master's. So shut up, I'm doing my best."

"Then at least do it gentler, you prick!" You pouted, twinging in great pain. The both of you rested in a nearby hut with nobody to inhabit. As the forest was completely obliterated and it's probably not best to stay there. The more exposed the battle place, the easier his allies can locate you both.

Of course, you were worn out. It was a technique too much for you to handle, you have never used the blade of melancholia after half a decade. Indeed, you have really grown rusty.

"You need to train. You're dang reckless. And I could've disintegrated along with line face over there you numbskull!" Sanemi glared at you for a good second, and then wrapped your legs in bandages. "I ain't carrying you, so stay there until it feels better." He stood, making his back face you whilst stretching his arms.

Silent, you fiddled with your fingers. Breath hitched as you were nothing but entirely nervous. The reason why you keep your strength to yourself? The reason why you refuse to utilize both light and gravity in battle with other slayers along?

You refuse to lose control and hurt people.

You reckon a few words never ever leaving your heart thus far. "Control those powers, [Name]. Protect whoever to protect. Fight. Fight with control." Whoever that person may be, you cannot quite recall. Your memory was all fuzzy, not even your birthday can be digested permanently.

Yet those words... you didn't obey it to the hilt. You fought. Control? You solely didn't use it often. Protect? You tried protecting them, hurting them anyway in the process. Shinazugawa for example.

Your heart pounded --- fluctuating. Out of the blue, you said, "I feel like my luck been fit to drop." Those words weren't directly pertained to anyone. Perhaps, talking to the wind.

And Shinazugawa scowled at you with a twitching eye and an entirely confused face. You gawked at him as well, the cultivating chagrin for each other blending in the air space.

"The hell you are saying?" He spoke in a relatively gruff tone. He clicked his tongue, inwardly complaining of having to deal with your shit for three straight days. "Stop shitting around Hanakami. You're fucking strong, you know that. So do better. Break luck and be the player of this game." He huffed out in vexation, as you only pouted at him --- trying your best to break down all his words.

You were always so strong willed. Your leadership being a chain to bind the slayers altogether. Albeit, not being much of a talky person --- not even persuasive, you tried your best. You predicted every move, you had that swerving drive which kept you fighting. But this time...you feel as if your luck is squeezed out. You feel that...next time... you're finally going to lose it.

Oh well.

"Can we go home, Shinazugawa? I can walk now."

↱Time Skip↲

You played with your feet playfully as you traipsed around the area alone. Shinazugawa left you after returning, not even uttering a single word not even a 'goodbye'.