II

« chapter 2, giyuu x reader »

GIYUU GAWKED AT you while you devoured the ramen bowl right in front you. You immediately forgot that Giyuu was with you all this time, well, for a moment. You ordered 2 large bowls of ramen and Giyuu finds it intriguing how you manage to stick large amounts of food inside your mouth despite your average-sized form.

You literally slurred over the past interactions you had with the water breather, and you felt your heart thumping violently on your thoracic cage that it was making you feel jittery, now that the thought has crossed your mind. And to wipe off that sort of misgiving, you just ignored Giyuu. Yes, it was awkward, because he's been giving you the weird looks ever since you both had started eating. It was very difficult to ignore him if that was the case.

To break the silence, Giyuu opened his mouth. "[Name]," he called out, which caused you to perk up nervously. His dark blue orbs met your [eye color] ones, you bit your lower lip in discomfort.

He called your name yet he didn't say anything. Confusion triggered you while you eye at him. He opened his mouth yet he shut it again.

"W-what is it, Giyuu?" You stuttered slightly as he stared at you with an indistinguishable look written on his face.

The atmosphere was immensely thin, you could cut it with a knife.

"Why didn't you refuse knowing that Kocho wasn't going?" His voice was soft, quiet. Regardless, you knew, he thinks you just came along with him just because you were feeling sympathetic for the raven-haired.

He doesn't want that, he doesn't want that at all.

A faint pang striked Giyuu's heart as he felt his stomach form a knot, he wanted you to come because you wanted to come. He wanted you to come, not out of altruism, but of the thought of being in his presence.

Your eyes grew outward at Giyuu's question, but you calmed down after as you shot him your best smile. "I couldn't reject a bowl of ramen!" said yourself, which somehow made Giyuu feel reassured.

Your smile was like a spell to him... something that would make him feel vulnerable.

But dear, this man was a little bit disappointed that you only went with him for the ramen, but at least, right? You appreciated the offer, so all things end there.

He wanted to be friends with you, as he feels slightly...drawn far... to the others. Reckoning the last time wherein Tanjiro stumbled upon one of the Twelve Kizukis, Shinobu blurted out that no one likes him. And that hurt him so much in the inside...

So why not become friends with you, right?

Nah, esoterically speaking --- he was a tad bit reluctant into agreeing with the thought. You were a superior, yet you showed no hostility to your subordinates whatsoever. Still, he admires the superiority complex you had plunging through your aura when around others.

After hearing your response, his heart fluttered a bit at such an endearing smile you were giving him. Yes, he hopes you'd consider him as someone important to you.

It's hard to live without someone helping you to find a reason to live.

As you finish your meal, you inwardly burp, a sign that you're already full. It was two bowls of ramen, mega bowls at that. You never really liked these sorts of noodles, but it's food. You should never waste food.

The feeling of weariness striked through your body, more like you were feeling sleepy because you ate too much. Giyuu noticed this, but before bringing you home, he grabbed folds of tissue paper on the corner of the table and wiped off small traces of sauce on your cheek.

Your cheeks flushed pink at the slight gesture, and you even thought of running away from that place right this instant due to embarrassment. But that would raise more suspicion.

'Suspicion!? What suspicion!? I am not feeling anxious whenever Giyuu's around, nope! No no!'

Snapping you out of your thoughts, the ravenette held your wrist and pulled you upwards away from your seat.

"EeeEEEEe!" You squeaked at the immediate contact. How aggressive!

"Let's go home, [Name]." Giyuu, with his usual stoic face, declared. Still holding onto your wrist.

You pouted, not because he had your wrist on hold, but because you're already going home. All you did for the evening was eat, eat, eat, oh --- did I forget? Eat. You wanted him to open up! A pity really, Giyuu wasn't ready to open up to you yet. To be honest, you know nothing about the Water Pillar, not even bothering to take a glimpse on his background information. 

You both walked in pair, the nocturnal lights in the neighborhood scintillated. The wind hushed with the chilly ambience as if in sync. The airspace was tranquil, quiet in nature. Only the sounds of your tick-tacking footsteps engulfed the area. The silence was deafening, yet so unwinding. You hoped that this sort of tranquility would last for life long, impossible, but you wished it would last.

"Giyuu..." You manage to call out, breaking the pregnant silence. "What...what do you think of me...as a demon slayer?" You had nothing to ask, but it felt necessary.

The whole corps peered at you with chins up high, with glory. But do they really know how potent Hanakami --- no, [Full name] is?  They perceived that, as you reached one of the highest ranks in the organization, you have all the thunderous traits alleviated on your shoulder. Little do they know, you had your own skeletons in the cupboard. You are a mystery.

Giyuu snapped his head to take a peek at your [eye color] eyes, as if his gaze was a piercing dagger. His reaction was quite late, as if he deliberately contemplated of what to give off as an answer. "You're strong-willed..." said Giyuu, trailing off in the process. "I may not have witnessed your breathing techniques with my two naked eyes, but I believe that you are worthy to be placed on such position." He returned his gaze on the road, and you swore you saw the corner of his ears flare up.

No one but the master has taken --- not even a minuscule glance of your breathing technique. Rumors lingered within the corps, articulating that you wield thunder breathing like Zenitsu Agatsuma. Some said that you practice ice breathing, some said that you wield wind breathing like Sanemi Shinazugawa. None of those rumors are correct, you wield nothing of those. 

It's a far more perplexed predicament to delineate. You're dangerous.

"I'm glad that you think of me like that, Giyuu. But I judge those vindications of yours erroneous." You chuckled faintly, heaving a cute sigh. That damn chuckle, it frustrated Giyuu to no end. What have you been doing to him these past few days? You weren't even sparing him a single glance!?

"I---"

The chirp of a jet black crow interrupted the water hashira from his rebuttal, and there --- you have another responsibility embedded on your shoulder. "To the Senjougahara mountain! Captain Hanakami Kagura and Water Pillar Tomioka Giyuu!"

Oh dear, there goes the effort of hiding your abilities.