✝ Chapter 2: Visits ✝

Start from the beginning

"I hate meeting new people and you know that, but I guess I'll do it." I groaned.

"That's my girl!" my dad said while walking out.

Sometimes I feel like my mom and dad aren't actually a couple. They're too different, wacky in a way. My dad is intact with his feminine side more than his masculine , meanwhile my mom is like the eagle of the bird's nest, destined to protect. It feels like they were assigned their life roles and was forced to play along, but thats besides the point. 

I pulled a simple pink sweater on and applied a little bit of makeup. Within 10 minutes, I headed over the neighbor, Constance's house

As soon as I reached her door, Constance opened the door, my fist nearly knocking her on the head

"Why, hello darling! Aren't you a gorgeous one? I'm-" "Constance, Constance Langdon, I know" I said as I interrupted her. "Sorry, I shouldn't have interrupted, I just can't believe you're actually here." 

"Why so excited, dear?" She said as she leaned on the doorframe.

"Oh, because you kidnapped the Harmon's son!" I said as I smiled.

"Get inside girl," she growled.

 "Gladly" I replied with a smile

"So, how'd you know," Ms. Langdon said while pouring a cup of tea, "Who spilled the tea, huh? Are the FEDS gonna come now?" She said as she pulled out a cigarette.

"No, it was mainly a gut feeling, but a little common sense and research tells the truth. Thanks for the tea, though." I smuggle smiled. "As much as I want to talk about the boy and your lies, I just came here for sugar."

"His name is Michael." She said as she puffed out cigarette smoke. "And I'll give you 2 lbs of sugar if that's enough." "It's more than enough, thank you." "You know," Ms. Langdon started, "I like you, you're a bitch who knows what you want and gets what you want. I admire that." She said with a dead stare "You should come over sometime, I'd love to talk over a cup of tea" She continued. "I'd like that, Ms. Lang-" "Please," She interrupted, "Call me Constance" She smiled while she puffed smoke out. 

As I was making my way out, I heard a soft voice saying "Grandma? is she gone yet?" As I turned around to see who it was, the boy with soft, strawberry blond waves, and crystal blue eyes in pajamas was standing, making eye contact. It didn't feel right, it felt as if there was a connection, a bond. I broke eye contact as I checked my phone to see it blown up by texts from my parents. "Oh my shit" I mumbled "Its been 1 fucking hour jesus" I said as I rushed out. "Bye Constance!" I yelled as I closed the door.

 Running back to my house, I nearly tumbled on the rocks. I busted through the door only to see my parents waiting for me near the door.

"What's wrong?" I asked before I was completely wrapped in their arms.

"We were just so worried something bad happened" My mom said.

"All I did was go to Constance's house, chill." I replied

"Jesus we KNOW where you've been, thats why we're worried! I'll get the sage. WHERES THE SAGE HUN!" my mom screamed.

I don't know what took over me, but I closed my eyes and had a vision of where the sage was, along with a voice telling me where.

*Second floor, 1st room, 3rd box on the left of the window, in a golden box below the essential oils and herbs* the voice said

"Second floor, 1st room, 3rd box on the left of the window, in a golden box below the essential oils and herbs" I said. It clearly got my parent's attention since they both shot me the same facial expression.

"Joseph go check" My mom said nervously.

Not long after he came back downstairs holding the sage bundle. "It was exactly where she said it was" He said with wide eyes. They both stared at each other for a while until my dad broke the silence.

"We're moving to New Orleans in a week, no questions, no exceptions." 

"But we just got here!" I protested.

"And now we're leaving. Don't unpack much, you'll just make more work for the movers."

"Fucking hell" I mumbled.

This was honestly the first time I've seen my dad take control while my mom was still in shock. I was scared, of course, but dear LORD, was I annoyed. I don't know why I bother saying the so-called "God's" name, it's not like I believe in God, the world's too shit to have a leader. I don't know why I give a shit about anything, it's not like the journaling does anything for my mental health anyways. 

If they're actually serious about moving, maybe I can sneak off to Constance's and stay with her. I know she likes me, and the boy was kind of cute, so why not?

ok, sorry. my mental health was absolute s h i t so i didn't really get a chance to finish dis shizzzz so im back on my grind now baybeeeeeeeeeeee xoxo happy new years bebes

*unedited, sorry for the grammar mistakes :p