2~I am a pirate too!

Start from the beginning

"The one who'll fucking slit your throats, that's what it makes me!!"

"Ouch"

................. I zoned out of their ranting. It was always like that with Nash. He'd be either picking on me, or menacing Yegar and Ajax, who strangely seem to enjoy being insulted by him. 

I had no intention of partying tonight. Sailing into the unknown was getting on my nerves. Don't get me wrong, I love sailing; At first I appreciated just advancing through the waves, never reaching the horizon. But it has been months since I got on Martina and the trip became more stressing by the day. And the truth is... It's not the sailing that frustrates me. It's about my own fate. Where will I end up?......

I wanted to leave for a quieter place. I moved to part from the crazy gathering that started growing, but I felt my right arm being yanked back. I looked back to see Lou's amused stare: "Where are you going?"

None of your damn business. 

"Somewhere calm"

"Have you looked around lately? There's nowhere like that on this ship"

I pulled my arm trying in vain to release his grip: "I would like to verify that myself"

"The only quiet place here is the sea. You're not thinking of suiciding again, are you?"

He said that in an amused way and I tried to defend myself: "I never did such thing!!" Seeing how he was insistant to tease my nerves, I continued in a calm confident voice: "Would you mind releasing me?"

I was glaring at him, but that was just the thing that entertains Lou the most. He leaned closer and said in a low voice: "You want to know where we're heading, right? Want me to tell you?"

My eyes widened for a second to the idea, but I instantly hid my excitement. Lou was one of the most obedient to Agenor and informing ME of our destination had somehow fallen under the cover of defying the Captain. He's just playing with me and for once I'm not falling for it.

"Save it. I already know that"

I tried my best to look calm and composed, and apparently it worked because his smirk fell and his eyes narrowed: "Oh yeah? Who told you??"

It was my turn to smirk now and I savored the moment. I just loved these rare times when I felt like I won over their teasing. 

He studied me for a few seconds, then his eyebrows arched and he dared me: "Or maybe you're just lying" 

I opened my mouth to find a smart response to that. Luckily, a thud on the edge of the deck right beside us got Lou startled. He let go of my arm and looked to his left to see Maren who just landed there.

"Whaaaat'ch you're doing?"

Maren released the rope that he just used to swing and he crouched on the edge of the deck with a big smile on his face.

"Maren, please be careful-"

"FUCK windy!!! I've warned you not to Fucking fly above my head again!!"

Maren rolled his eyes and I laughed a little at that. He always managed to avoid everyone's teasing even though he was the youngest AND not very strong compared to pirates like Lou or Nash. Not even Ace could intimidate him, and I so admired that.

I retreated. I didn't really want to spend the evening with the drunken pirates. Lately they became a bit more aggressive about things. Maybe I'm the only one who noticed, but the eagerness for the land makes them quite impatient and mean.

I walked down the ladder to the hull. I strolled to the water room and drank some water, then I stepped into the hall and looked around. Agenor is not here, I guess. Which means that he's in the lower hull ordering people around. Or more precisely laying back watching Ace as he ordered people around. I smiled at the thought. What a lazy devil.