Punishable kisses

How can she act like nothing happened? She knows what I did to her yet she still treats me like old times. I try, everyday, to make it up to her, but how? I could bring her the sun and moon, but it still wouldn't be enough. 

Yell at me. Leave me. Punch me. Kick me. Kill me. But please don't be nice to me, it hurts me more than any bullet. 

It doesn't matter how much I try to punish myself because she still tries to heal my wounds. 

"Are you alright?"

It only took her three words for her to bring me back to reality, to her in my arms. I didn't respond; I just started to play with her hair, curling her hair into my fingers. My hand started caressing her cheek while she closed her eyes in response. I brought her face close to mine and placed my lips on hers. We shared a gentle and slow kiss. Her touch and warmth soothe me but not for long because memories of the crash and her eyes remind me that I don't deserve her touch. It happens every time, but she grabs me by the back of my neck and brings me closer to her making our kiss more passionately. 

"Please, don't leave me"

She whispered those words in my ear while her breath got heavier. I place the strand of her hair behind her hair and kissed her forehead.

"I would never"

She smiled and gave me a quick kiss on my lips. I closed my eyes, absorbing her smell and presence, and my lips turned into a smile. The room started to fill with a weird  smell, and my eyebrows started to furrow.

"Do you smell that?"

Her eyes widened open and her hands covered her mouth. My eyes started to widened as well, and my face  turned quizzical. She pushed me away and grabbed my shirt.

"The kitchen!"

Oh shit.