Chapter 14

Yidhra's POV

Yidhra was much eccentric than usual when she returned to the manor. Sure, she normally had a mechanical grin and a dripping egotistical aura around her but today it showed crystal clear.

All the hunters were settled at their table for once, food spread across it's expanse. Yidhra's match was the last of that day and the hunter's had the courtesy to wait for her on this rare communal feast (Well, all except Bane who was already tearing into his food like a wild animal). Yidra barely had sat down before she was exclaiming,
"I learnt something of interest today."

Just six words had the power to have every head of the hunter turned. Something 'interesting' was a rare event in the manor. The hunter's usually used these gatherings as a chance to whine about certain survivors together and bitch about how irritating they were but Yidhra's purposefully mysterious words had piqued their interest. Yidhra let the silence continue a little longer, relishing in the anticipation and the power she held in her hands before she finally gave way,

"I heard from the doctor and her friend with the gun that the seer and the embalmer are together. Romantically." She beamed, her venomous grin stretching cheek to cheek, "This is a great opportunity for us, it will make them more reckless, not to mention if one of them if hurt then it is likely the other will come. Survivors are truly pathetic!" She cackled, "Who in their right mind would even consider a relationship in this place?!"

This information satisfied the hunter's thirst for interest. It was indeed a big advantage for them not to mention a great means for taunting and or blackmail. The hunters as a whole began to babble about how they could use this as extra smite on their weapons or how insolent the survivors were for their foolish decision. All expect for one.

"Yidhra, did you say the embalmer?" Joseph murmured, his contrasting tone enough to be heard over the clamour. Joseph's face was dark as he stared down with narrowed eyes at the table.

Yidhra suddenly looked uncomfortable standing at the head of the table with all this news. Joseph wasn't normally intimidating but the expression on his face made all the hunters unnerved. His eyes were stormy, full of thrashing and violent seas that sunk ships in minutes. Every hunter silently hoped that they wouldn't be at the receiving end of those eyes.
"Yes.." Yidhra peeped, "It was the embalmer and the seer."

Joseph blew up quicker than the eye could see after the confirmation.

His chair was flung back and half the table's contents slid to the other side because Joseph stood up so violently. His expression was terrifying, even worse than before. He looked mindless with rage; his eyes now dull but his body taking over the essence of the sea storm. Joseph has drawn his sword and solemnly marched away; to the door that connected them to the survivor's.

Jack and both Wu Chang brothers eyed each other. They knew Joseph best and they'd never seen him this enraged. The silent kind that Joseph was demonstrating was the worst. Xie Bi'an decided to stand and call after him, "Joseph, whatever you're thinking, stop it. You're going to get into twice as much trouble with the host if you're doing something this reckless!"

Exposure जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें